1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

MyVegas Reward gone

Discussion in 'MyVegas' started by jbee, Jun 20, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jbee

jbee Low-Roller

Once a reward is no longer listed, will it still be honored if redeemed within the correct time frame?
    Red Rock Friday buffet.

2. dbueler

dbueler High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have not used that specific one, but I have redeemed several rewards that were either removed or downgraded between the time of my reward purchase and the time I redeemed it. An example was both the Excal and Luxor Steakhouses. I had purchased each reward for $100 comped dinner and shortly afterwards, the reward changed to $50 credit when you spend $100. When I redeemed them, the boothling checked and could clearly see I had the older "better" rewards and there was no problem at all. Just make sure you redeem them within the time limit and you will be fine.

Enjoy your trip!
    diane

3. jbee

jbee Low-Roller

diane, thanks for the reply. I guess that i'm safe. And speaking of Excal and Luxor,, many have said to stay away from the buffets there but I gather their steak houses are good?

4. STPFan

STPFan VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My fall trip is approaching the 90 day mark and between my husband and myself we have more points than we could ever use. My last two trips we didn't even try to use awards because we get free rooms at CET and Myvegas was more of a bother. This trip I planned on a few days at MGM Grand or Aria and along with it the use a few of my LP. However if it ends up that there is nothing easily obtained, I will just cancel MGM plans and maybe go downtown instead.

I had regularly purchased chips but won't likely ever purchase anymore. The games are incredibly stale and not worth any investment.

I have gotten a lot of value out of myvegas over the years and am not a 'hater', just finding that its use (and MGM in general) are not the value to me that they used to be. Perhaps something will happen to change that in future and they will get some of my vacation money, perhaps not.

5. dbueler

dbueler High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    jbee, both steakhouses were great, altho we greatly preferred the Steakhouse at Excal. In fact, I redeemed the $50 credit when spending $100 at the Excal Steakhouse for this trip. My friend is 7 stars and we eat at some really awesome CET restaurants, but the Steakhouse at Excal ranks right up there. We are also always thrilled with the friendly service there. Our waiter never fails to ensure we get the max use out of the credit and the myvegas rewards are happily accepted.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.