1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Help Me Out About Mlife Comps?

Discussion in 'Comps' started by YukonSloMo, Jun 10, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. YukonSloMo

YukonSloMo MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    So DW and I have been Mlife members for several years. Essentially we have used my card to establish a Gold Level standing. When we went to the Aria recently our host told us that DW should get her own card as it will help with getting better comps.

Can someone explain to me how that works please? I thought that if we had $1500.00 to spend daily it would be better served on one card than spliting that $1500.00 amount two ways by using two cards??

2. DaiLun

DaiLun R.C., L.C., and A.A.N.G.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I hate to say it, but you should have asked the host to explain that to you, because it doesn't make sense to me.

3. shifter

shifter Degenerate Gambler

Trips to Las Vegas:
    with Mlife she can get a card and you link them.

they combine everything.

4. DaiLun

DaiLun R.C., L.C., and A.A.N.G.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Well, in thinking about it, it kind of makes sense because they each can have a card in their own name and accumulate points to a single account, but I don't see how 1 + 1 > 2

5. Chuck2009x

Chuck2009x VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It shouldn't really make a difference, except

It depends on what you mean by "$1,500 to spend". If you mean lose, then let's say that $1,500 loss limit generates $1,200 a day in theo.

$1,200 a day on one card is a good amount and should get you pretty good offers.

Split it between two accounts - $600 a day. That will also get you offers, not as good, on both accounts.

So playing on one card, you might get an offer for 3 nights in a suite. Playing on two cards, you might each get offers for 3 nights in a regular room and string them together if you wanted to do a 6 night trip.

On the other hand, at that level of play, a host should be happy to give you a regular room for 6 nights anyway.

JosieCat should weigh in here, I think she and her BF have separate accounts, don't know if they're linked or whether they qualify to be linked (I think the accounts have to have the same address to be linked).

6. JosieCat

JosieCat VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Me and my BF live together so we do qualify to link our accounts, but we were advised NOT to link our accounts because we are both strong enough players. We were just at Bellagio last week - each using our own offers. I had a comped Bellagio suite, he had a comped Salone Suite.

I agree, what the host said doesn't seem to make sense. I would just keep playing on the one card - unless DW would ever be taking a trip to Vegas by herself, or as Chuck2009 said, if you would want to stay for more than 3 nights you could use both of your offers.

7. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Your host was, well...

You can link your cards, but they still base offers on the theo/adt/play of EACH player. You can get her a card and link them, but I would still put as much play on ONE card/account as possible. i assume you have mutltiple cards that you can both play on.

8. YukonSloMo

YukonSloMo MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Well it did not appear that it made a difference her playing her own card.....i think we will go back to playing my card...and yes we have multiple cards!! Thanks everyone!

9. Red&BlackSmoke

Red&BlackSmoke Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The wife and I have linked cards. I play craps 80-100 average and she plays slots. If I play slots I use her card. She gets much better offers on mlife site. Just got a host so unsure going forward. At CET we only use my card. In my opinion I would continue to use one card.

10. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    For someone starting out with this situation, I would use YOUR card for everything. Use yours at the table since it matches you. She then uses YOUR card in the slots as well. Now the total play on that card is much higher.

11. BCMike

BCMike VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The only potential drawback I can see to using one card is if one of you is a max bettor or high limit table play and the other is doing minimum bets.

12. Red&BlackSmoke

Red&BlackSmoke Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    In response to No Stresshere:

We do this at CET. The problem is she goes by herself once a year or every other year for a Conference that I cant attend due to Tax Season.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.