1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

MGM Standard Room?

Discussion in 'LV Strip Hotels' started by katmu, Jun 1, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. katmu

katmu Well-Known Member

So my Mlife offers at the moment are pretty cruddy, except for MGM. I've stayed at MGM in the past, but never in a standard room. Can someone give me some details on the room? I'm assuming the mini-bar is fully stocked and you can't put anything in it? I didn't see any pics of the bathroom on the website but from the floor plan it look like it just has the standard 5' tub/shower combo?

And any tips about what room location to ask for?

I would probably prefer to stay at Aria, mostly for the gym/spa and the restaurants but I'm not sure if it's worth 2X the cost.

2. br549

br549 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If ur talking about the Grand rooms, they are pretty nice. Yes, mini bar is stocked with all the high price stuff, and yes they have a tub/shower combo. MGM doesn't have the greatest views, but the higher the floor the better. There are a number of room videos on You Tube of the Grand King and Queen Rooms.

3. katmu

katmu Well-Known Member

Thanks and yes the Grand rooms not the West Wing. I don't really care about the view at this point so maybe I'll just ask for something quieter, which probably means away from the elevators. I did find a video that showed the bathroom. Looks like a typical hotel bathroom basically.

4. domeboy

domeboy VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    T
    They did some upgrades in the bathroom during their reno a couple years ago, but the tub/shower area just got cleaned up and a new shower head. I liked the rooms before the renovations, and I love them now. Not over the top nice, but very nice nonetheless.

5. br549

br549 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes, the typical hotel bathroom, but it was clean. When I stayed there in April, I was in the first room in the wing that goes to the east. But I didn't hear anything from the elevators.

6. katmu

katmu Well-Known Member

Clean is good. And it's not like I'm tall enough to really need a 6' tub anyway.

7. JoJoR

JoJoR VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
  8. Valgal

Valgal VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I love the MGM Grand rooms -- My offers from mlife aren't great - low roller here. I originally planned to stay at Luxor in August. I kept checking my mlife offers and MGM had a good summer offer. A Grand room for $39 a night - 4 nights. I did have to pay $109 for a Saturday night. So I cancelled the Luxor and booked MGM. I'm kind of hoping they will send me an offer to upgrade to the Grand Executive suite - not really a suite but bigger than the Grand. They really are nice rooms.

I see complaints about MGM being so big. I don't see it as any bigger than Caesar's, or Venetian/Palazzo. And I love the restaurant choices - Val

9. NvrSumR

NvrSumR Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hey Katmu, I stayed in a standard room in January and have pics of the room and bathroom in my trip report. Hope that helps.

10. katmu

katmu Well-Known Member

Agree, I think for the money it looks like a pretty nice room.

The size has never bothered me honestly.

Thanks, I will check out your report.

11. Mooda

Mooda Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The Grand rooms are great at MGM. I've stayed many times.

12. Knucklehead69

Knucklehead69 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I love the MGM Grand Tower rooms. I believe they have now completed renovations to all of them. Beds are extremely comfortable and there is plenty of space.
    My guess is the reason MGM Grand has the best MLife deals is it's just so darn huge that there are lots of open rooms. For about the last 3 years I don't think I've paid over $49/night for a room on a Sun-Thurs stay. My advise is to ask for a room as close to the end of the hall as possible. It can get noisy close to the elevators.

13. inceptiongeek

inceptiongeek Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The best thing about the rooms are the beds. That mattress is on point. You will have a very restful sleep. That is, if you sleep when you're in Vegas lol.

14. Chuck2009x

Chuck2009x VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Grand Rooms are fine. Is a room at Aria worth 2x? Depends on what x is and how much you like Aria.

15. katmu

katmu Well-Known Member

Well so now that the craps pool is the previous weekend vs. the one I was originally looking at, Aria is only $20 more per night.

It may come down to the gym.

16. RIRugrat

RIRugrat Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I just stayed in an MGM Grand King room 5/31-6/2. I seem to get 2 free comped Sun-Thu nights from MGM and take advantage of them when I can.

As Mooda and Knucklehead69 stated, the rooms are new, large and very nice. Large bathroom (I always like looking at the mirror closely and see your eyeballs look rectangular because of the built-in rectangle lighting into mirror). Very comfortable beds. The automated blackout shades also work very well if you need to power nap in the afternoon. The room gets pitch black when closed.

The facility and the pool area is great. Highly recommended!

Chris

17. Aceman

Aceman Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I once got an MGM room with an airfare package (the price was cheaper then airfare alone). Room was small, and couldnt figure out something was wrong with it. Then realised it didn't have a window! There turned out to be a small window behind the bed. Wasn't the best experience. Only needed the room for 2 days thank goodness. I'm assuming that was the cheapest category room.

18. RIRugrat

RIRugrat Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Aceman you stayed in a West Wing room. Very small. The Grand King/Queen room are the "basic" rooms we are recommending.

19. CtheWorld

CtheWorld Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Although the the bed is comfortable, on our last visit the pillows were hard as a rock. (Leftovers from the Delano maybe?? )

Also the rooms on our floor had manual shades, not automatic. I spent a minute looking for the shade button before realizing this. And I could hear the noise when the neighboring room raised/lowered their shades.

20. Jammer

Jammer Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Does anyone know if there is a gym at the MGM Grand with weights in it? And is it included in the resort fee? (I've seen conflicting info)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.