1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Mariah Carey's show got panned by the NY Times

Discussion in 'Shows & Entertainment' started by Dan_Tanna, May 15, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dan_Tanna

Dan_Tanna Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm not really a big fan of hers but the review must really sting. I'd post a link but I'm not sure of the rules here for doing that.

2. Piggylane

Piggylane Well-Known Member

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I read that review. It was brutal.

Not a fan of hers.

Expect some mystery illness or abduction by Area 51 aliens. Show closes in six months. Another CET blunder.

3. Candy Apple

Candy Apple VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Perhaps Jennifer Lopez will be better.

4. USCHawks

USCHawks High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I believe I saw that she already cancelled a show a day or two ago.

5. Viva Las Vegas

Viva Las Vegas Elvis has left the building

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Mariah Carey’s Vegas show was canceled because she didn’t rehearse enough: source

"Mariah simply didn't rehearse enough before starting this many concerts and now she's feeling it," a source tells Confidenti@l. "Leading up to the first show, everyone involved was wondering why this wasn't rehearsed to death." "She can sing, but she hardly walks during the show. They're always wheeling her out on some prop," says our source, who adds that perhaps the lack of rehearsal time contributed to the lack of dance routines in the show.

Perhaps Loveman can pay a doctor to splice Mariah, who can allegedly sing but not walk or dance, with Britney, who can dance (well at least some of the time) but not sing.

[youtube]qOyF4hR5GoE[/youtube]

6. UTE

UTE Plastics

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My wife and I caught Mariah's performance at the BMA's last night. She really hasn't changed what she does onstage - which may be the problem. She basically walked out and sang - standing in place while dancers moved around her. It was definitely old school. I think audiences expect more than that now - particularly in Las Vegas. For, compared to the other acts, she lacked energy. I'm not saying she needs to become a Whirling Dervish. But, it also wouldn't kill her to move around more.

Bill

7. The Stig

The Stig VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just seen the show tonight and I thought it was really great, she hit the notes she needed to, will do a bit more detail when I do a trip report.

8. HoyaHeel

HoyaHeel Grammar Police & Admin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    What we prefer here is a link and a sentence or two stating what the link is about - we don't allow a copy & paste of an entire article due to copyright regulations, and don't allow links only because that's not so helpful for other members. Thanks for asking!

9. Snidely

Snidely VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think I'd go see Celine before Mariah. For sure, I'd go see Veronic again before either.

10. fremont4ever

fremont4ever Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I caught the show just before her cancellation. I thought she was in fine form. I never thought of her as much of a dancer, so the fact that she didn't do much of it was certainly not a disappointment. She was friendlier and more interactive than I expected her to be.

11. wigwam_salesman

wigwam_salesman VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Let's be pragmatic here...you can either run around and mime or stand still and sing properly. I know enough people in amateur dramatics, stage shows, musicals etc to know this is true.

Sadly, audiences these days would seem to prefer the former. Elton John sat at his piano for 2 hours and didn't move but was bloody brilliant.

*note - I haven't seen Mariah and nor am I a fan at all but I can respect her voice.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.