1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Current McCarran Shuttle Prices -as of April 24, 2015

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by Superpocky, May 16, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Superpocky

Superpocky VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thought I should share this from my camera roll for those of you interested.

image.jpg

2. Jane42

Jane42 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks!

3. hobbie

hobbie Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks. Will be there in Sept.

4. runningonthehub

runningonthehub VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Which shuttle is this? Bell, Showtime or what? Are they all the same price now?

5. Superpocky

Superpocky VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My apologies but I honestly don't remember, if I I had to guess I would say Showtime, but don't bust my balls if it ain't right. I did walk a bit to confirm at least 2-3 options all have the same prices, so this information should be good. Come back and slap me if you find out differently!

6. topcard

topcard It's not really blackjack unless it pays 3:2!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You know, the "$10 to downtown" would be a decent deal if it was actually a downtown-only shuttle.
    AS it is, when they make 5 stops on the strip before heading downtown, it can take over an hour to get there...which is why I'll never again use a shuttle from the airport to downtown.

7. eaglejohn

eaglejohn VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Topcard - We get in at 9 am going downtown and there for 10 days. Wife has never seen strip, so the 1 hour shuttle ride is good for us. Sort of a free tour for her. However, would not recommend for short stays and late arrival.

8. Superpocky

Superpocky VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Wow I didn't know that, that's good info for people that are considering taking the shuttle from airport to DT. Thanks for sharing Topcard.

9. pd54

pd54 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Explain the shuttle please...?
    I'm assuming it's a bus to the Strip / Downtown, instead of a taxi? Does it drop you directly to hotel, or to certain stops on the strip?
    $18 for 2 people is likely to be cheaper than a taxi, right?

10. topcard

topcard It's not really blackjack unless it pays 3:2!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    For two people, I'd take a cab.
    Shuttles drop off at hotels...same general areas as the cabs drop off.
    Depending on your hotel, your cab-fare could easily be near or even below $18.

Shuttles take a while to actually leave (they send them out full...which means waiting until they fill up).
    Then, they stop at many properties...eventually yours.
    If you're in the south-strip area, and traveling solo, then the $9 makes sense.
    Anything else? Take a cab or the WAX or a limo.

PS - taking the shuttle from downtown TO the airport isn't bad... but the WAX is just as quick, just as easy and only $2.

11. Catzilla

Catzilla VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The last time I was there I think Bell was $9. Their website "special" shows $14. I took Super Shuttle the last 2 trips, which was $11 when prepaid online. Their service from the hotel to the airport was great, but one trip from the airport to the hotel was the worst... an hour and ten minutes to get to Monte Carlo. They advertise a 7 passenger van, which is what comes on the trips back to the airport, but from the airport it was a big shuttle. They waited until it was full and then we drove around forever, dropping me off last. The drive blamed the construction. :mad:

Haven't tried the WAX yet, but it's on my list.

12. savage810

savage810 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just to be clear, the "special" would be a round-trip.

13. undathesea

undathesea Grandissimo

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This is the best advice ever. For two people or downtown, never take the shuttle (unless you want to take your wife on a one hour free tour of the strip).

I had my brother convince my other brother and his friend to take a shuttle to the Aria once. It took them an hour and cost them about $30 rather than 15 minutes and $20 in a cab.

That's literally a waste of time and money.

14. Catzilla

Catzilla VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Of course, you're right, savage810. I've used Bell before just paying the $9 at the airport or to the driver. They were late picking me up at the hotel, but got me there in time. Seven bucks is a good deal.

15. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have to second this. Vegas shuttles are not like hotel shuttles at most airports. Totally different animal and not worth it.

16. pd54

pd54 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks guys. I'll stick with the cab. Going to the Vdara, so shouldn't be too much.

17. Superpocky

Superpocky VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Unless you are a seasoned vegas veteran, take a cab, it really isn't that much more expensive when you think about it, IMO.

18. Jane42

Jane42 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    For my first two trips, I took the shuttle. I was "new" to Vegas, so I loved riding around and seeing all the hotels - like a tour.

On my third trip we used a cab. There were five of us, so it just made sense. Since then, I have only used cabs. I just can't handle the wait with the shuttles- I am ready to get where I am going and get settled in.

19. runningonthehub

runningonthehub VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I am just the opposite. I am traveling solo, so a shuttle makes sense for me. The time it takes the shuttle to get to the hotel really does not bother me. As I have gotten older, I find that a lot of things do not stress me anymore. I try to take things in stride. I figure the hotel is not going anywhere and I will get there when I get there. I have been to Vegas too many times to sweat the small stuff.

In your case, with five people, a cab or limo makes sense. But, what is good for some is not always the best for everybody. One size does not fit all. To each his own.

20. melbedewy

melbedewy MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    For solos, unless you're on the south trip a taxi will be MUCH more costly-and that's assuming you don't get ripped off. :ssst:

Last edited: Jun 3, 2015
Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.