1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Tix4Tonight--- Show Question, Pricing

Discussion in 'Las Vegas for the Frugal (not Cheap)' started by DavidR82, May 8, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DavidR82

DavidR82 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm looking at getting tickets for 2 of the following shows during my trip next weekend:

- VEGAS THE SHOW, Tim Allen, Britney Spears, MJ1 or O

Is it better to buy tickets online before getting out there for the best bargains or try and use Tix4Tonight the day of? I've only seen Kevin James and Bill Cosby out there, so I do not have much experience for the best ticket deals. Seating doesn't matter to me, I do not have to have the best seats in the house. I will be purchasing tickets for my gf and I. She's never been to Vegas, I thought it would be nice to throw in a few shows to see!

2. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    "O" tickets are not only hard to get sometimes, but rarely discounted.
    I would guess Tim Allen would not be at half price.

Others? Hard to say. There are often 30+ shows available. Hard to say which ones you would like better.

Some of the top end shows run specials on their website. Notice LOVE had that recently.

And, don't bother to ask which would be the best show... that has been asked over and over and the answers are all over the place. The only two shows you saw were stand up comedy acts. So many shows are totally different than that.

3. Snidely

Snidely VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you don't care where you sit and you won't be super disappointed if you don't get tickets to the show of your dreams, then use Tix4tonight. I've used Tix4tonight numerous times and found the people working there to be very knowledgeable about the shows.

4. DavidR82

DavidR82 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Right, I understand that has been debated here over the years on what the best show is!!

I guess what I was really asking, is Tix4Tonight a better deal than already coming to Vegas with tickets purchased online? I am familiar with the discounts currently being offered on the Cirque websites, vegas.com, smartervegas, etc!

5. Travel Fanatic

Travel Fanatic The Arbiter of Taste Caviar Kid

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think the chances of getting Britney, O, or Tim Allen tickets is almost zero. Might be able to get MJOne and I think it is highly likely they will have tickets for Vegas The Show. so my advice would be to think about how important it is to see a certain show versus finding the best deal. if you're equally willing to see any of those shows, wait and try to save the money

I Need Spa
  6. JoJoR

JoJoR VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My one experience with Tix4Tonight was back in November when I bought Mystere tickets. It was slightly cheaper than buying online (didn't originally plan on going). Waited like 45 minutes in line at the booth near Coke World and then I had to shoot down to TI to claim my tickets (I was staying at the Signature). Killed like 2 hours of my time and saved maybe $10 over purchasing directly on CDS's website. As for MJ or O goes, it seems like CDS's website usually has 15% off-ish regularly.

7. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Though we have often planned to see certain shows on certain nights on many trips, reality and drinking tend to screw up those plans. We probably wind up doing less than half, maybe even less tan 20% of what we plan to do. Therefore, in our case, buying tickets in advance for just "another show" does not make sense. Buying in advance only matters if a show may be hard to get or something you are positive you want to see.

We wing it.

8. tom.mckenzie

tom.mckenzie Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    +1 on that. Buying lots of show tickets, dinner reservations, etc. in advance limits your flexibility when you get there. When I went to see "O", I bought the tickets in advance because I needed 3 together and because I knew they were never available at Tix4Tonight. Otherwise, I just decide when I get there what show I want to see, if any. At this point, I've pretty much seen all the shows I want to see, so it's usually a question for which show I want to see again.

Also, if you have a car, it is worth it to get to the show box office and exchange your voucher as early as possible. I'll typically buy a ticket as soon as the outlet opens - then they'll tell you you have exchange the voucher at the box office at least an hour beforehand. In my experience, once you get there, the agent will give you the best available seat in that price range. The earlier you get there, the better your chance for a good seat. You'll also likely find a shorter line to get your ticket at 11:00 AM than you will an hour before the show.

9. Mandiferous

Mandiferous Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Bought general seating for Vegas! The Show at Tix4Tonight for about $42. I bought the mid-day on a Monday at the Coke World kiosk and had to wait in line less than 10 minutes. Got to the Saxe Theater at the very last minute so I knew I'd be all the way in the back since there are no assigned seats in general seating. However, for $20 more I was able to upgrade at the theater box office to assigned seats in the 3rd row.

If you can find a better deal than that ahead of time, go for it.

10. DavidR82

DavidR82 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for the info. After taking all the advice in, we are just going to decide on one show we want to see and purchase tickets before arrival, and depending on the flow of the trip and available time, check out Tix4Tonight and snag a deal.

11. Maxmannl

Maxmannl Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Last year we bought tickets which we needed to pickup at NYNY. At the pickup we discovered price was only $5 cheaper as the original price LOL. Was not worth the 45 minutes wait at the kiosk.
    Next time i look online for some discount :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.