1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Shooting Ranges

Discussion in 'Misc. Vegas Chat' started by fugsworth, Apr 23, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fugsworth

fugsworth VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I know there are at least a handful of places in Las Vegas that rent machine guns, and I know that some are more "tourist trappy" than others. I'm hoping to book a package for my boyfriend and I when we visit next month-- I know it's not going to be cheap under any circumstance, but I'm hoping to get away without spending too much. Anyone have experience or recommendations they can share?

EDC
  2. KellyLovesVegas

KellyLovesVegas Earthling/retired space nerd

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We've done the shooting range on 4 or 5 trips. The range we like is an indoor range that is located on Blue Diamond about 3 miles from the south Strip. It's ran by ex-military folks. I've shot many of the machine guns, including a Tommy gun, Swedish K 9mm, Grease gun .45, and an Uzi 9mm. As a petite female, my favorite machine gun to shoot is the Uzi. The range also offers exotics like the Desert Eagle. I even bought my Springfield Armory 9mm XDM from them.

Cropped Muzzle Flash Uzi 2008.jpg

http://www.lasvegasgunrange.net/company-profile/

3. Hobofrank

Hobofrank Prime Minister of Idiocracy

Trips to Las Vegas:
    ever been to http://www.Battlefieldvegas,com ?

4. KellyLovesVegas

Trips to Las Vegas:
    No, but the car crush package looks flippin' awesome! Adding it to my ever-increasing Vegas To-Do list :wink2:
    The Groupon price looks pretty reasonable for the gun-rental package.

5. WHITEJACKET73

WHITEJACKET73 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've been to the Gun Store on Tropicana (east of the Strip) and to Battlefield Vegas on Industrial Blvd (right behind Circus Circus) several times. You would need a car or a taxi to get to the Gun Store since it is quite a ways from the Strip. Battlefield Vegas will send a Humvee to pick you up at your Strip or downtown hotel. They have various packages that you can choose from. The range instructors have been very professional and courteous. They take their time in showing you the features of the weapon that you are going to shoot, proper grip, etc. I've never felt rushed at Battlefield Vegas; something that I can't say about the Gun Store. Last year I shot the Private Ryan package which consisted of: 1911 .45 ACP, M1 30 cal carbine, M1 Garand, Thompson submachine gun and a Browning BAR. A couple of days ago I saw a coupon advertising that you can shoot an Uzi or a MP5 for $29.95 at Battlefield Vegas, but I can't remember where I saw the ad. I have several pistols, shotguns, rifles and even an assault rifle at home, but shooting that Thompson and the BAR was something else, what a hoot.

6. bribhoy

bribhoy Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've been to the Range 702, which is fairly close to the Strip and they will send a shuttle to pick you up. They have a load of customizable packages available there. I picked a selection of guns that they bundled into a package for me: Tommy Gun, AK-47 and a Glock 9mm. OK - I picked them all because they feature in songs I like but as a Brit knowing nothing about guns, I had to narrow them down somehow. When you're comparing packages, make sure you check how many rounds you get for each gun and what is the cost of additional rounds. You may decide you want to shoot more than you thought you would. Because it is AWESOME!

One things I would suggest, no matter where you decide on, is that you check out your concierge desk wherever you're staying and find out what coupons they have available for discounts. Your Groupon deal can probably be matched by the ranges direct and it would give you more flexibility to decide when you get there what time you have available.

7. fugsworth

fugsworth VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This is exactly what I was looking for-- thanks for all the great advice!

EDC
  8. vegasvic

vegasvic VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Don't mess with Kelly

9. KellyLovesVegas

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hahahahaha ;)

10. bobby jones

bobby jones VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Someone told me the ranges are asking for ID's and if you are not US, they are not allowing you to "play". any truth to this?

11. KellyLovesVegas

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hmmm, I've never heard of that - but we are U.S. citizens. We had to show ID and fill out an information sheet (name/address/birthdate) at the range - I thought it was just to verify that we were legal age.

12. mrem3200

mrem3200 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That's interesting, why would it matter?

13. fugsworth

fugsworth VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    There's no law against it, but some ranges are skittish about renting to foreign nationals out of liability concerns.

EDC
  14. RedRiverRose

RedRiverRose VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This response is rather late but I recommend Range 702 either the 5 Gun Package or the Black Ops package priced between $165 and $250.

15. Hobofrank

Hobofrank Prime Minister of Idiocracy

Trips to Las Vegas:
    it isn't it's someone trolling, they let non US residents shoot, just need to verify age

I'm a Dual citizen, next time I go to a range I'll bust out my red Passport just to verify that they don't care

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.