1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Really this hard to get into STK?

Discussion in 'Restaurants & Buffets' started by Brewfangrb, Apr 24, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brewfangrb

Brewfangrb Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    So because my trip (leave in just over 6 hours!) is solo, I hadn't really planned on making reservations for anywhere to eat, since I figured I could get seated at the bar, etc. I really wanted to try STK...and was poking around on their site now to check out the menu. I figured I'd try to make a reservation just to be sure there'd be no issues and it's telling me that are "no tables available within 30 days of your request". Maybe Open Table just can't do reservations for 1 at STK?

Thoughts? Just go when I feel like eating, tell them I'm cool with sitting at the bar?

2. symbols

symbols Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    No. It's opentable. Tried to make one for 3 a while back and found myself wondering the same. The bar has always been open seating when I've been.

3. Brewfangrb

Brewfangrb Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks!

4. PayTriple

PayTriple VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Try calling STK directly. If you have a host, he/she can help also.

5. Lvfun23

Lvfun23 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Can also call directly. We were just out there and open table showed nothing available. When I called they had multiple slots open.

6. cjlangston

cjlangston Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    re: Opentable...restaurants are under no obligation to have 100% or their available space listed on Opentable.

Many will take the opportunity to "reserve" a certain amount of space for their own use; i.e. to hold tables open for regulars, high rollers, VIP's etc.
    Because of this, Opentable may appear to be "sold-out" when in fact the restaurant has tables open.
    Its always a good strategy to contact the restaurant directly when confronted with this

7. sailboat310

sailboat310 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It's Vegas. You'd be surprised what a little grease can do. Just flash the ladies at the counter some green and voila, a table should magically open up.

8. gpburdell

gpburdell Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've ate at the STK in ATL and didn't think it was anything special. I can't imagine the one in LAS being that much better. I thought Stripsteak and Jean Georges were better.

9. Lvfun23

Lvfun23 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It's not. Ate there twice. Kobe excellent, but I imagine it would be great anywhere. Sides average. Ribeye and filet were ok.

10. Flowers

Flowers VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I also believe it could be open table and a request for seating for one. Twice in the past two weeks in trying to book for solo dining in late JUNE, I wasn't able to book a table for one within 2-3 hours of when I wanted. I then plugged in dining for 2 and got a table at the requested time; no problem.

11. mrbaseball

mrbaseball Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have had several occasions that I tried to book reservations online for STK in Vegas with no success. Each time I called them directly and was able to get the exact reservation I was looking for . . . Definitely call them.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.