1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

MyVegas Room Rewards are seriously finished!

Discussion in 'MyVegas' started by newwave73, Apr 19, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. newwave73

newwave73 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    With the new Restriction of being only able to use one Room Reward every 30 days, and with literally next to zero availability, I think the Room Rewards through MGM are just about finished. Look at some of the Calendars. There are no nights available for the rest of the year in some categories! Most people are not understanding the new rules from April 1st. It is no longer one Room Reward in each Category. You can now Redeem ONE Room Reward every Thirty days. And it is also next to impossible to score a Weekend Room Reward right now. Good luck! It is like winning the Lottery right now.

http://www.mgmresorts.com/myVEGASdates/pdfs/MonteCarlo/MC%20-%20MYVEG4.pdf

Here are some more Blank, or nearly blank Room Calendars.

http://www.mgmresorts.com/myVEGASdates/pdfs/NYNY/NYNY%20-%20MYVEG4.pdf

http://www.mgmresorts.com/myVEGASdates/pdfs/MandalayBay/MB%20-%20MYVEG4.pdf

http://www.mgmresorts.com/myVEGASdates/pdfs/MGMGrand/MGM%20Grand%20-%20MYVEG4.pdf

Last edited: Apr 20, 2015
  2. h0und10

h0und10 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Its a bummer. Fortunately i am traveling with 4 people and we all play the game. we will each be getting a night and some buffets. just gotta coordinate the nights that line up together!

3. ohiostate241

ohiostate241 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    One room every 30 days is still better than no free rooms.

There are still plenty of decent awards that are out there for a free game. $75 off tender steakhouse, free show rewards, etc, free buffets

4. Landshark

Landshark Way into it...

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Agree with this. I'll just stick to e-mail offers for free or discounted rooms. The free food offerings are a nice little booster shot to the bankroll.

5. scc31

scc31 Low-Roller

I know a lot of MyVegas players are playing the game for the free rooms. But to each their own, I prefer to stay in a higher end hotel then the ones offered on a day that I choose. I just look for the best offer and at at times, I can find them at a good discounted rate that lets me enjoy my stay at a better location. Granted, I Don't know why I'm collecting LP... I don't see anything that really intrigues me on the reward list much anymore.

6. MisplacedTexan

MisplacedTexan Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I hate to think you're right, but I fear you are. The midweek comp has been sold out for weeks. Our tradition has been to stay at the GN for most of our trip, then spend a night someplace on the Strip, courtesy of myVegas. I finally gave up on that plan for that upcoming trip and just booked direct. If the food rewards we like go away, there will be no reason for me to keep playing.

7. bandit1965

bandit1965 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I play for the food and show rewards, if that get restricted I will reconsider playing any longer.

8. newwave73

newwave73 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have had some great stays through myVegas in the past. Pretty much every trip we have taken with the exception of MGM Grand we have been bumped to a Suite. We have stayed in Suites at the Aria, Mandalay Bay, Luxor, and TheHotel and the Delano twice. It doesn't get much higher end than a Suite at the Delano or Aria. So I am pretty bummed about losing these Comps. Maybe they will come back in the future when everyone is sick of going to Shaq Parties...

9. newwave73

newwave73 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    No one goes to Vegas for just one night. They had the right idea in the beginning. When I first started playing myVegas, the thing that got me playing and excited to play were the two night stays in a Mirage Suite. While I never was able to redeem this Reward before it was gone, I did get enough points to stay for a couple nights for the first time at the Aria. Now it is our favorite Hotel in Vegas. They also used to have a Reward to upgrade to a Penthouse Suite at the Bellagio and also Hotel 32 Rewards. That got the attention of even some of my wealthy friends and they started to play. Now they don't. This is really headed in the wrong direction.

10. newwave73

newwave73 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Now myVegas seems to be geared toward the Extreme Couponer crowd. Most of the Rewards are like Coupons. Play for Vegas Coupons doesn't have the same ring to it as Play for Vegas Comps. Without the Comp Rooms and Shows from MGM, myVegas would have never really become as big as it is. You can only eat at so many Buffets, and none of the bad ones. They have been doing $20 Million a Quarter in Chip Sales, and with these recent changes they will either really drop. Or the will gather a whole new crowd of new players who don't know the difference, which is the more likely scenario...

11. keishashadow

keishashadow Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have and am again in October. If I'm flying to the west coast, you can bet:evillaugh i'll book a stop @ LAS to arrive around 9:00 am and take off mid afternoon the next day. some fun is better than none.

that said all that's open for the date I need is Excalibur (which has been sold out and I'm really not sure I want to commit to it) and Mandalay Bay.

Just got an offer from MGM for the one night, not the greatest ($53 + resort fee) but at least it's the newer rooms.

Figure my points will go further paying for Bellagio buffet and a show at this point

12. neminem

neminem Low-Roller

I actually am also tempted to pop by Vegas for one day to use a reward, for a totally different reason - we're talking about driving from LA to Zion National Park in a few months. Guess what city you are literally forced to drive right through on the way? Might as well stop for a night in a nice hotel after camping for several days, and see a show, if it's (almost) free, right?

13. sco5123

sco5123 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes the Room rewards were my favorite rewards and my biggest reason for playing MyVegas. After all, for the same point price as a free buffet I could enjoy for 45 minutes, I could enjoy having a room to sleep in for almost 24 hours. That was the logic as to why the room rewards were so valuable. While this is sad, it was totally expected. Since I first started playing in 2012/13, I constantly wondered how they could afford to give out such rooms. We have to consider that as the number of players went up, the value for the property probably increasingly diminished. myVegas players were once a bit of an "exclusive" club, of Vegas vacationers who were "in-the-know", of "valued players". Now any vacationer to Vegas needs to learn about myvegas. I noticed desk reps looked a bit excited when they saw my myVegas comp....because it was probably exciting to see the game gain popularity and to know that customers were playing heavily. However, most buffets and shows don't pass the $100 threshold, but on some special weekdays and weekends Vegas rooms can easily cross that. The value seemed like it was never there to begin with...for the property.

I am grateful I got to enjoy free room nights through this reward program for the many trips that I did. I got to stay at Mandala Bay, Luxor, Excalibur, Circus Circus, MGM Grand and Monte Carlo over the last 2 or 3 years....places I had wanted to try out for some time. Having these experiences are invaluable for me, and I am really happy that I got the chance. I was wondering when this would all end. The truth is,, it has to end sometime. It always seemed unsustainable.

14. newwave73

newwave73 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think the thing that has changed actually is that Vegas is really busy again. When the game first started we were recovering from a recession. It does not cost Hotels anything other than the cost of Housekeeping and few minutes of a front desk clerks time to give away a room night. Probably less than $20. And if a seat in a show would have gone empty otherwise it literally costs them nothing to give it away. The thing with rooms though is that if they could have rented a room out for $400 a night to someone else they are really losing revenue doing that. If you noticed that Aria was one of the first room rewards to go, it is because they are now at like 98% occupancy. The other thing that costs them money is the food and restaurant rewards. They have hard food costs with giving those away. I guess what I am trying to say is that the only way MGM is going back to giving away free rooms again to myVegas players is if Vegas becomes really slow again.

15. neminem

neminem Low-Roller

I imagine it costs them roughly $32.50 :p. (Because I imagine the so-called "resort fee", is roughly their break-even point, which is why they don't comp you it. Which, personally, I'm totally fine with.)

16. newwave73

newwave73 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    neminem you are probably right! That way even if they give away a "Comp" Room night they have covered all of their expenses and at least aren't losing any money. They really do think of everything.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.