1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

MyVegas MyVegas - Anyone Calling It Quits?

Discussion in 'MyVegas' started by VegasGroove, Apr 13, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. VegasGroove

VegasGroove VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I must be done with MyVegas. I haven’t logged on the game since the last Birthstone Quest. I was up to 32M chips and played the entire Easter Egg Quest and then the entire Birthstone Quest and didn’t even care I was down to a measly 64 chips. LOL!! Usually I save 10M in reserve, but I felt so uninterested to even save chips anymore.

Now, I am thinking I will sit on my 732K lps, wait to see what I can spend them on for my December trip and officially close my FB account. I truly like the game, I've just grown weary of it.

Anyone else who plays MV feel they can/will call it quits?

2. bwatson23

bwatson23 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I don't play any of the game anymore and neither does my wife. We log in daily to collect LPs just in case they update it with something decent for the time we will be there in July.

3. CJ's

CJ's Plumbing the depths of debauchery

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have 570k lp's and struggle to spend them as I usually travel solo
    I think after my Aug trip this year I will probably call it quits, tho I did say that last year too lol

4. TXactuarial

TXactuarial VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Meh, I find the games mildly entertaining, but I'm also a sucker for freebies. It's a lot easier to convince the wife to go to Vegas when the rooms are comped, the meals are cheap, and the freeplay is plentiful.

5. DonnyC

DonnyC VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yah, but not with the changes.

6. bswim

bswim High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I lost interest in this game a long time ago. I got in early on it and got some great rewards but on our last trip I think we redeemed 3 rewards between the 2 of us, we have 8 available total.

It's success has been it's downfall IMO

7. jr7110

jr7110 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Even if you do not want to continue playing, I would advise you to log onto MyVegas and maybe do a spin or two now and then if you want to keep the loyalty points you have. In the terms of service it specifically states:

Inactive Accounts
    If You do not use your Account by logging in using the Service at least once every 30 days, Your Account will be deemed inactive. You can, at any time, reactivate Your Account by logging in and using the Service. When an Account has been deemed inactive, PLAYSTUDIOS may, at its own discretion, expire any Loyalty Points accumulated by You. Once Your account is deemed inactive, any Rewards which have been purchased but not yet redeemed may also be expired at the discretion of PLAYSTUDIOS. - See more at: http://myvegas.com/terms-service-myvegas-slots#sthash.ShAuljBq.dpuf

8. LoveDowntownVegas

LoveDowntownVegas High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
  9. bjpcyclone

bjpcyclone High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We have a trip coming up in 2 weeks and we'll redeem 6 rewards between my wife and I but we both still have hundreds of thousands of LP. So I'll probably still continue to play...just not nearly as much. The free food still entices me but that's about all these days.

10. WeekndOrNah

WeekndOrNah Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Once I go on my next trip I'll probably stop, unless I have a lot of surplus LPs which I can build up for a subsequent trip.
    Planning on using my LPs for a comped weekend night and two free Mirage buffets.

11. BigGTMike

BigGTMike Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It's just a bonus. If you hate it so much, sure, quit. All you've got invested is time. Hard to feel bitter about that. Don't take life so seriously.

Personally, I'll continue to autospin while I watch Big Bang theory reruns. Even if all I get is two for one drinks, it's a win.

12. JoJoR

JoJoR VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    They've had some random partners along the way like Shaq, Fandango, etc. I'm curious to see who else they can get to partner with in the future and be able to cash out some LPs then. Doesn't hurt to keep a stockpile for when they come out with something new.

13. VegasGroove

VegasGroove VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I didn't say I hated MV, I am not bitter about it, nor do I take life "so seriously".

In fact, I did mention that I do like the game, I've just grown weary of it.

Just wanted to clarify. Thanks!

Last edited: Apr 13, 2015
  14. lionelhutz

lionelhutz Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I am.
    I've been playing almost since they launched, redeemed some fantastic rewards (2 nights + 1 night in Mirage Tower Suite is still the highlight), stopped playing b/c I had no trips on the horizon.
    Now I have my last trip, probably for a while, coming up in August, so I went back to playing. Had about....5 million chips, those have run down to about 300K in the past two weeks.

going to play until those are gone, use some LPs to book something(s), and then I'll completely forget the game exists. No longer have any interest in it.

15. leo21

leo21 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm not enjoying the games anymore so I do enough to stay active and that's about it. Part of the problem is other slot game apps on FB introduce new games all the time. I don't see why MyVegas can't roll new ones out more quickly, epsecially with the Konami relationship. And I am tired of the quests, especially the ones that are designed to drain smaller balances before you can complete them.

16. MoneyToBurn

MoneyToBurn Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Still playing here. I too did benefit from some of the better comps early on, like the suite, and my favourite, all you can drink Guinness on St. Patrick's. I too am now finding it hard to find things worthwhile, as I often travel alone, but I do have three buffet dinners and one still undecided for my upcoming trip. Still, I play two more slot games just for fun, so if I can play this and still get a plate of roast beef out of it, I count myself far ahead.

17. Darreningreenwood

Darreningreenwood Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I keep playing, even thought the rewards aren't what the used to be. But it's close, though. So far I've gotten $275 in food credits, two buffets, a free night at MGM, two free nights in Tunica, three glasses of scotch, free tickets to three different shows, and many free days of monorail travel. So there is still plenty of value to find in there.

But I agree, it does seem to have gotten pretty repetitive with "log in, spin, collect, play. Rinse. Repeat".

18. Harry Lyme

Harry Lyme VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I don't mind the games, but as I said on a similar thread, I'll play until I get near my trip in a year or at least until I get enough LPs to cover any shows or other rewards I finally decide to get. The games are good enough, but not near great. I don't have a ton of FB myVegas friends, so my daily spin multiplier don't add up to a ton, but it's still a low effort quest along with the mobile games. Still, once my trip and rewards are booked, I'll probably lay off it til I start planning the next trip.

19. EastCoastVegasFan!

EastCoastVegasFan! VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I play, it's worth it for the show tickets. Also, I hope they come back with the cabana at Aria, I will totally get that! I guess a big part of playing is the anticipation of new awards for the Spring/Summer.

July 19th - July 24th
  20. cjohnson202

cjohnson202 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I don't play it as much as I used to simply because my last three trips, I've barely used any rewards despite having lots of LP. Last trip I got 2 monorail passes and the free chocolate shot at new york new york, woo hoo. The trip before I don't think I even used anything. I've already redeemed 2 tickets for Zumanity for my next trip in July because I haven't seen it and I feel like I need to use my points before even more rewards get taken away. In the past, I've used my points for Zarkana, KA, Buffets, Free Play and all sorts of great stuff. But now that I've switched 100% to CET (they just comp me SO much better than Mlife does), it's hard to find ways to use the points with all the buffets and freeplay requiring stays. I'd LOVE for them to bring back Terry Fator comp tickets or Carrot Top or something worth using, but for now, it's a struggle to find things worth the time redeeming.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.