1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Las Vegas - Cosmo 4/10-4/14

Discussion in 'Vegas Trip Reports' started by Lvfun23, Apr 11, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lvfun23

Lvfun23 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:

My Trip Report

Prelude:
    Vegas. What can I say about Las Vegas? I could state the facts. I could state the feelings. I could state it all. No, I can’t state it all. After all, what happens in Vegas stays in Vegas right? Maybe....

I have been coming to Las Vegas since the mid 90’s. I was stationed near Seattle when a girl “friend” of mine suggested we drive to Las Vegas. I had a 3 day weekend! Why not? 18 hours later, and travelling through a whole lot of nothing, we arrived. We had no reservations, $200 to our name, and a whole bright, beautiful city to explore. We ended up staying at the Riviera. It was the nicest hotel we had ever seen. It was where I played my first hands of blackjack, won my first 5c and 25c out of the slot machines, and got my first free drink. I remember figuring out if you played the nickel machines for minimum and tipped the waitress $5 the first time she came around…we ended up with more drinks. We had a great time. I went to Slots of fun, played single deck blackjack, ended up winning $40! Going home from Vegas, the 18 hour drive back, I knew I was hooked, Vegas had me.

Present Day:

My wife (whom I met and married in Vegas) and I are on a flight out to Las Vegas. The plan is 4 free nights at Cosmopolitan. We also have a 150K Video Poker tourn at Planet Hollywood.
    Food: Giada’s, STK, In and Out burger, Wynn Buffet and other random places to eat.
    Drinks: Yes.
    Gambling: You name it, I probably know the rules and have played it. Not Natedog/Packer level, but more on the mid range level. My favorite game to play is Free Bet Blackjack and Craps. My wife doesn’t like me to play craps. Me and craps have a love hate relationship. I love it, it hates me. Sometimes it loves me. Most of the time she is a tease. Everyone who plays Craps understands.

Trip Report status: I will try to keep up the trip report, include some pictures, stories, interesting tips I have learned etc etc. I normally play poker in Las Vegas, and am a member of another poker board where I have done trip reports which I will link later on if people are interested. I play in the WSOP every year and generally get out to Las Vegas at least 2-3x/year.
    No promises on the super live TR as Vegas tends to do things to you when you are out there. I will try. I will end up posting about the days with more detail later on. The poker TR were easy, I was out there for 2 weeks on my own. This time I convince the Wife (aka Mrs LVfun) to come with me. She needs a vacation, I need a vacation, we all needed a vacation! So off we go!

2. Lvfun23

Lvfun23 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    So we started off the day like this:

[​IMG]

Then this:

[​IMG]

And finally this:

[​IMG]

We ended up winning the airplane lottery using the advanced squeeze play technique.

[​IMG]

3. Lvfun23

Lvfun23 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    When we got in our host send a driver to pick us up. We never really had a host pick us up so I was expecting a Lincoln continental or something similar. Instead we ended up with this:

[​IMG]

Of course we had to show off our exquisite taste ski asked the driver to take us to the finest eating establishment in Las Vegas!

[​IMG]

Sorry no pic of the double double with cheese and grilled onions with fries and a shake. They were gone before you could say mmmmmmm.

Random pics:

[​IMG]

The other limo at In N Out Burger.

[​IMG]

4. Lvfun23

Lvfun23 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    How do I edit a post?

5. jf3976

jf3976 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You can't edit posts until you have posted a certain number of times, not sure what the count is, tripped me up when I first joined :)

6. Packer

Packer VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Good luck and looking forward to the TR! Try and do the tr live with pics as long as the better half let's you. Just for kicks Try the dark side for a couple rolls and see what happens. I wish you great luck and take in every minute.

7. Lvfun23

Lvfun23 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    [​IMG]

VP tourn starts in 10 min. Round 1!

8. Lvfun23

Lvfun23 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Will probably just avoid craps all together. But if I do I will strongly consider going from the Darkside.

9. Lvfun23

Lvfun23 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
  10. guapoxxx

guapoxxx High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Good luck lvfun2301!

Annual Golf Trip
  11. Lvfun23

Lvfun23 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    [​IMG]

No four of a kind straight flushes pretty much anything. But I did win and you guys are going to be so jealous!

12. Lvfun23

Lvfun23 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    [​IMG]

Woohoo!!!! A hand blender!!!!

13. breanna61

breanna61 Super Moderator

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Lol at the blender; it can only get better. Looking forward to following your Vegas adventures!

14. Mnracer

Mnracer Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Great start to your report - looking forward to the rest. Good luck!

15. Courtney

Courtney Resident polygamist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm along for the ride! LOL @ the blender.

16. Lvfun23

Lvfun23 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Mexican Chinese restaurant at cosmo. Yum!

17. Lvfun23

Lvfun23 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Some sports bet sweats!

18. Lvfun23

Lvfun23 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/04/11/9f4b38a06332b97b1b8ab2a17633551c.jpg[/IMGUPR]

2nd round. No 4 of kinds. Geez. I played well over 400+ hands.

19. Lvfun23

Lvfun23 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
  20. Lvfun23

Lvfun23 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.