1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

MSS Gold card

Discussion in 'Comps' started by oldschoolvegas, Apr 3, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. oldschoolvegas

oldschoolvegas Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    What does it take to get a gold and or silver card?

2. StreetKore

StreetKore Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    No such animals. MSS is part of Boyd's BConnected program: www.bconnectedonline.com. Card levels are Ruby, Sapphire, & Emerald

3. vegasfan

vegasfan Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I had a gold card once at Sam's Town. Have no idea how I got it, but sure wish I knew and could get it again! I believe it had to have been an error on their part.

4. tom.mckenzie

tom.mckenzie Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Assuming they still exist, those are cards that give you full RFB (gold) or limited RFB(silver). They're not higher levels of the BConnected card. From what I've heard over the years, you pretty much have to go through a host for them and they look at your play over at least the past 3 trips. The coin-in would vary depending on whether you played slots or 10/7 DB. At least that's how it was for MSS - don't know about Sam's Town

5. Joe

Joe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have had one for the last 10 years, minus the two years we lived in Vegas. Exact numbers I don't know, but we travel to Vegas and stay at MSS 5x per year. We play on my card and give them ~11,000 per day coin-in. Normally each trip is 4 nights and we never gamble on the 5th morning using my card.

So, 5x per year and an average 45k per trip, that's $225,000 coin-in per year. There must be more coin-in because I'm still Emerald and have been for 10 years and that requires 250,000 points, or coin-in per year. Almost all of that is bartop VP. I do play a little craps, but not enough to even show up on my card as table games.

I get mailers, but all my trips are booked through the same host and as I have mentioned before, I suspect loyalty comes into play, since we have been staying at MSS since just after they opened in 1996. We have had only two hosts that entire time. We graduated (degenerated) from Silver to Gold, like I stated, at least 10 years ago.

We love the Gold Card. Any downtown Boyd restaurant, anytime, full comp. Besides that, if we are there at Xmas time, we get a voucher to use at the Cal gift shop. It used to be for $200, but as of last year they knocked me down to $100. We have more Cal logo clothing and misc items then you can imagine since we usually do a Xmas trip.

For various reasons, we did kind of short play them in Oct & Nov, so I suspect that is the reason my offers have shrunk. I am no longer getting any free play money and my mailers are now 3 nights comped. But again, I go through a host and the mailer offers don't matter.

6. oldschoolvegas

oldschoolvegas Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thank You

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.