1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

PACKER's Live San Diego and Pechanga Golf trip 4/3 to 4/5

Discussion in 'Non-Vegas Trip Reports' started by Packer, Mar 31, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Packer

Packer VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:

My Trip Report

My Friend who goes to Las Vegas with me "S" just moved into his brand new home in Carlsbad/La Costa. He also has a home in a high rise in downtown San Diego and a very exclusive building. He got tried of downtown so bought another place in Carlsbad/La Costa. He is now renting out his 1800 sq ft high rise condo for 4500 a month. I am going to see his new home (Help him decorate), golf Aviara (one of the best resort courses in the country by golf digest), looking at planes to buy and go to Pechanga to golf at Journey Country club (rank #26 in the country for best course you can play).
    Leaving Friday morning from Calabasas at 10am and will be at "S" home by 1230.
    We will go to Palomar airport to check out three different planes. Citation and two others. "S" and I will go in on this venture together. He is a pilot but hasn't flown in 15 years. We have a pilot we know who will take us on excursions anytime w want. If the price and plane is right we will buy and fly it to vegas on the April 17 trip.
    From there we will go have at his house and then go to dinner somewhere. Saturday morning we will be teeing off at Aviara around 8am. After that head to Pechanga and be there by 330ish.. We will do some gambling, win 6k or so (Do they have a Cleo there?) and have dinner at the steakhouse. 2 other friends who also come to Vegas with me will join us for golf Sunday morning.
    Should be a short fun trip with about 500 miles of driving.
    This TR will be more of a picture TR. Lots and lots of pictures telling the story.
    More to come soon.

2. sindustry

sindustry VIP Whale

Does Pechanga have Cleo? Hahahaha! There are dozens of Cleo2 at Pechanga. For dollar denomination, there are a couple in the HL room and a couple on the main floor, between the parking garage entrance and the table pit. I don't think you are interested in the quarter and below denominations, which are the bulk of the Cleo's.

3. wanker751

wanker751 Dutch Rudder Enthusiast

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The week prior to Vegas we are doing 3 night in Cypress for Disnleyland and 4 nights in Carlsbad at a hotel across from the water. We stayed in Oceanside last year.

I am bringing the clubs and was considering Aviara. Their twilight rates are not too bad. I did Oceanside Golf Course last year and the Salt Creek the year before in Chula Vista.

That or Torrey Pines. I like the idea of being able to see the water from some holes.

Have a great trip!

4. Packer

Packer VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Cool. I will try the dollar machine with 800... That's it! Ty

5. Packer

Packer VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks wanker751. Yes Aviara has a good twilight rate. I think im paying 250. Wayyy too much but this course is in great shape and worth it (Almost worth it) as the LPGA was just there this last weekend. Any course where you see have views of the ocean is nice. When are you going?

6. wanker751

wanker751 Dutch Rudder Enthusiast

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Twlight weekday is $115. Other than Torrey Pines I could not find many ocean-view courses. I went cheap the last few years on Golf, thought both very nice courses.

We will be in So Cal July 12-19. Disney is 13,15. Arrive in Carlsbad 15-19. Del Mar on Saturday the 18th.

Vegas is the next weekend. July 23-27th

7. M_ILIS

M_ILIS VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Have a great time! Also, be forewarned Aviara is starting green aeration this week. Apparently only doing 3 holes per week, though, so it shouldn't be too bothersome. (Not trying to be a wet blanket; I'd always prefer to know beforehand than find out at/on the course.)

8. Packer

Packer VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    WHAT? Might have to play somewhere else like La Costa where my Uncle is a member.

9. pleepleus

pleepleus 2016 - The monkey is back

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I hit $12K and $24K on a Cleo 2 at Pechanga. Good luck!

10. Aaron5

Aaron5 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The Cleo2 in High Limit (next to the smelly bathrooms) gave me some good hand pays last week. The Pharaoh’s Fortune about 5 machines to the left of Cleo2 was good for 5 hand pays last week.

Good luck! It is crazy how many people at Pechanga just wander around and watch the high limit slots. When I was playing Cleo2 I turned around and there were at least 5 people watching.

Let me know if you are free one evening as I think I owe you a drink from another thread.

11. Packer

Packer VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks Aaron5 for the tip on the smelly Cleo! lol. I will try that one and the Pharaoh! And yes they are like Vultures waiting for us to die (Lose our money) so they can win our jackpot!

12. pleepleus

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Tell S to call my friend if he really wants to buy a plane. My friend has been in the biz for a long time and knows where all the inventory is. I believe S has his number.

13. Packer

Packer VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I will of course. Well, if we don't buy this Friday! Exciting..

14. pleepleus

Trips to Las Vegas:
    S can buy a Gulfstream for only $395K!

... That was built in 1968. :thumbsdown:

15. shifter

shifter Degenerate Gambler

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Bad move.

If it floats or flies, rent, never buy.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 4, 2015
  16. Packer

Packer VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    No, he and I want to just pay and be done with it. Looking at as much as 500. Hopefully less. That will get us to a destination at least 3hrs away. Or we go netjet. And since I'm going in on this it better be less!

17. VegasChic-

VegasChic- VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Good luck on your trip Packer, sounds very exciting! Looking forward to see how airplane shopping goes! Call me a nutbar, but the small private planes make me squeamish. Hit Cleo 2 just right and maybe you can bump it up from a citation to an A320? JK- Have fun!

18. Packer

Packer VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Cool VC. AT 40.00 a spin what can I win on the Cleo slut machine? I think I'm pressing my total to 1600.00 money in.

19. VegasChic-

VegasChic- VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm not even sure what the maximum could be for any one spin, but, the VMBer who won in January was playing $40 a pull and hit a bonus for over $106,000 on it. That could put a dent into the shopping spree......

20. pleepleus

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you get the 5 scatters, that alone would pay $104K plus the bonus spins you would get with it.

sindustry is there right now and if he sees this post, he could answer since Pechanga hangs a sign over the machines that have had huge jackpots stating what they were. The biggest Cleo 2 there was over $120K, if I'm not mistaken?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.