1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Boyd downtown food offers

Discussion in 'Comps' started by bubbakitty, Mar 21, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bubbakitty

bubbakitty Doing retirement again and happily so....

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have offers for rooms downtown on my homepage for Boyd @ the California for the next couple of months. I have food offers (2) that go with it when I use the room offers. I have NO offers from Main Street Station for rooms but do have identical offers for food. It states within the offer

"Free Dining is valid only when used in combination with your May Rewards room offer."

I am using 3 nights in May @ the California. The offers are for 15 $ each which comes to 30 $ per property per stay (although you can use the offers at any restaurant on either property). Both offers are worded identically except for the property making the offer.

I think the answer is "yes" but do I have 60 total $'s (or only 30 $'s) for food per stay? OR once redeemed at one property (you have to get a print-out at the club desk) does the offer from the other property disappear?

Also, have I possibly earned food comps @ MSS but not attained a room offer as of yet?

Any insight would be helpful. Thanks.

2. Joe

Joe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    No answer, but hey, come April 17-21 and I'll buy dinner using points again.!

3. VPDana

VPDana High-Roller

I live in the Midwest, St. Louis, MO to be exact.
    Trips to Las Vegas:
    Why, Joe? Did they confiscate your gold card?

4. Joe

Joe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    No, the card just applies to the two us, so if I treat, I use points for others. Although the servers are pretty good at fudging when the total bill comes. Besides the gold card, when we had guests, I used to be able to get an additional $100-$150 comp for dinner, but not anymore.

Just a fyi. Our host has the limo arranged to/from the airport and we have a comped room. Now we'll see if it is still a suite and if the gold card is still there.

5. VPDana

VPDana High-Roller

I live in the Midwest, St. Louis, MO to be exact.
    Trips to Las Vegas:
    My bad. I read a different meaning into your comment. I thought you meant you would be using your points to pay for your meals during your upcoming trip.

I hope you continue to get everything that you've gotten in the past. You should ~ Nobody can occupy seat #1 like you!

6. TIMSPEED

TIMSPEED Money’s on the way, with CashNetUSA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Bubba,
    It doesn't work that way...
    you have $15 (usually two coupons) that are VALID at either property (you can eat at Aloha Specialties, or MSS Buffet, etc)

That's weird that the rooms are at The-Cal...but I'm betting if you WANTED to stay at MSS instead, you could...

7. bubbakitty

bubbakitty Doing retirement again and happily so....

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That's just it. When I look at my offers from the Cal I have the two coupons and rooms for 3 nights. When I change properties in the drop-down box to MSS there are two coupons as well but no room offers. I just didn't want to walk up and say "hey" and have them say "hey what?" at MSS after redeeming the coupons at the California. But surely I can think of an answer to "hey what?" by then. Thanks for all the replies....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.