1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Getting to Mob Museum from Fremont?

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by gkamer, Feb 27, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gkamer

gkamer Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:

How far is the Mob Museum from Freemont St? Is is an easy walk or a cab ride. Also does anyone know if the sculptors are still in Freemont St? Last time I was there they had at least one guy that would make a bust of your head while you sat in a chair. I think he charged like 35 bucks or something like that.

2. monkeyshed

monkeyshed Highest Vegas Slot Jackpot in 45 Trips = $650

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The Mob Museum is about a block up the street, in a very safe walk. It will take you 5-10 minutes, depending upon how fast you walk. You can see it from Fremont. As for the sculptor, I was there last month and I didn't see one. I actually have never seen one in several (20+) visits, but perhaps I just wasn't looking for that.

3. gkamer

gkamer Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Good thanks for the info.....

4. Ty

Ty ?

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The Mob Museum is two blocks from Fremont. Not far, but I guess it depends on where you start on Fremont. My wife and son enjoyed it. We stayed downtown 3 times Jul to Dec and never saw the sculptor.

5. rezmike

rezmike Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We were able to walk right across the street to the (then) newly opened Downtown Grand. Very easy walk and the Mob Museum was a great attraction.

6. Clarkson7

Clarkson7 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I just returned from Vegas on Thursday after staying at the Plaza, El Cortez, and the D--had a good time. There saw a man doing a sculptor of a seated man and another guy working with the material. This was under the canopy. I watched for a while--looked like he was doing a good job IMO.

7. bluesdude

bluesdude VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Mob Museum is 2 blocks due north on 3rd st. It looks like a bank from the outside.

Dead & Co with my son! June 4 or 5th - June 8th
  8. gkamer

gkamer Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yea, that's probably the guys I was asking about. I'm gonna go look for them this time/ Thanks

9. 16gauge

16gauge Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Walk north on pedestrian "street" between the Fremont and the two story gift store. After crossing the street (Ogden), walk another block (now 3rd street, one way with sidewalks on either side) between the two towers of the Downtown Grand. 3rd street dead-ends at Stewart Ave. Cross Stewart and the entrance of the mob museum will be right in front of you. From the 3rd street stage under the canopy (between the D and 4 queens), this is a 5 minute walk. You can even cut through the Downtown grand after you cross Ogden if you wish.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.