1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Hows The Mirage during EDC?

Discussion in 'LV Strip Hotels' started by guitarguy, Feb 18, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. guitarguy

guitarguy Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We have Luxor booked but recieved some offers for The Mirage. We're looking for a fun environment with lots of energy plus a cool pool. Any thoughts on this hotle or past experiences during EDC?

2. Universal

Universal High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The Mirage is better than Luxor in every way. All of the hotels will see an increase in traffic and an infusion of a younger than normal crowd.

3. smartone

smartone VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    +1... well stated

4. REELmoneySlotFan

REELmoneySlotFan High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The Mirage is a way better property than Luxor in every way you can look at it. Luxor might have more young people staying there because of their low rates BUT if you have decent Mirage offers I would go for them without a doubt. And, the Mirage pool is one of the best down the Strip.

5. captainron62

captainron62 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You are not going to truly escape the EDC crowds no matter where you stay. They were even crawling all over the Venetian last year which surprised me. Maybe they realized you can stack a dozen in the rooms there? I say Mirage all the way. Although one of the funniest sights you will ever see is the cab line on Monday morning. It looked like a zombie scene out of Hollywood. We shared an elevator with a couple kids that were super bummed they overslept and missed their flight.

6. sindustry

sindustry VIP Whale

Our family was at Mirage during EDC last year. Although there were a lot of EDC-goers there, it also seemed like they were not there...lol. We had a cabana at the pool and surprisingly, the pool was not as crowded as I expected it would be. It was very easy to get on any table game and dining on property was not bad at all. Seems like the EDC peeps were either at EDC, or in their rooms recuperating.

7. captainron62

captainron62 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Very true, the only times we saw them en masse was late at night when they were trying to cab or shuttle to EDC or in clubs when they couldn't get tickets or cabs or shuttles to EDC.

8. Jejas

Jejas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    What the hell is EDC? and where is it?

9. Sethto80

Sethto80 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Electric Daisy Carnival. 3 nights of dj's at the speedway.

10. pleepleus

pleepleus 2016 - The monkey is back

Trips to Las Vegas:
    EDC peeps are generally sleeping during the day and the pool parties are pretty light. They're also not really big gamblers or eaters either since they'd rather spend their money on... alcohol and *ahem* other stuff?

11. guitarguy

guitarguy Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Pulled the tigger at Mirage. Never been at a hotel at this location on he strip so I'm ready for the new experience. Plus we'll be at EDC all 3 days so I may partake in the up all night/sleep all day stats lol

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.