1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

NYNY and Extra Person Charge

Discussion in 'LV Strip Hotels' started by numeno, Feb 14, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. numeno

numeno VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Anyone have any experience with adding people to their room at NYNY. I'm looking to add 3 people(4 total). I know 1 more is trivial. Wondering if people have done this and if they were charged?

I'd be doing this for MyVegas rewards, so the people need to be registered. In the end it still may be worth it, just unsure of the cost.

Edit...

Please don't say just don't tell them about the extra people. Due to MyVegas these people MUST be registered guests, I can't just hide them.

99% odds that noone ever sets foot in the room.

Last edited: Feb 16, 2015
  2. vokalml

vokalml Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I never add 3 or 4 because you pay an extra fee.

3. jf3976

jf3976 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I don't know what it costs, but if it's about getting extra keys, getting two is normally not a problem. If you need another, I read on here that you can usually have a registered guest stop by the front desk and tell them you left your key in your room and need another (it's important that you "left it in your room", otherwise they'll reprogram). Or can tell them you want an extra to stash in your wallet/purse/whatever.

4. SH0CK

SH0CK Stylin' and Profilin' Quasi Tech Admin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you tell them that there are more than 2 people in the room, then they will charge $30 extra per person, per night.

5. jon_vegas

jon_vegas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I would usually get 2 keys. add a registered guest and have her/him come back for extra keys.

6. SH0CK

SH0CK Stylin' and Profilin' Quasi Tech Admin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It may be cheaper to book a room some place like Circus Circus or Excalibur on the cheap instead of adding their names to the room so they can redeem their MyVegas rewards

7. numeno

numeno VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Ok, $30 is too much, so if that is what it ends up being, I just won't add it.

As I said in my OP, I'd be doing this solely due to MyVegas. Some of the rewards require you be staying at an MGM Property and I assume you need to be a registered guest.

So now it will be up to the check in desk. I would have paid $10/person, $30/person ends up making it not worth it.

Thanks all for the info

8. midwestmidroller

midwestmidroller Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Don't tell them! I always ask for 4 keys at check-in because i lose them no matter how many people are staying in my room. I've never been charged for it.

9. bobbyh

bobbyh Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We stayed at Monte Carlo last year and it had a room with two queen beds. We fit 4 people (men) in the room and didn't tell them anything. We asked for a extra room keys and they didn't bat an eye.

I also gave a few bucks to the maids and they gave me as many extra towels as I wanted. No issues at all.

The hotels get enough money with taxes and the rip-off resort fees; why consider giving them any more? :)

10. YoungGun

YoungGun VIP Whale

The OP needs to add the other people to their room because certain MyVegas rewards can only be used if you are a registered guest. My friends and I stayed at NYNY last month and had all our names added to the room for that very reason. We were not charged anything extra (there were 3 of us total) although my friend did do the $20 trick for an upgrade so maybe that had something to do with it as well.

11. heatherlovesvegas

heatherlovesvegas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Don't ask don't tell.. i've never paid that fee.

Except all the MyVegas rooms are king beds. keep that in mind...

12. numeno

numeno VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Excellent news. :) There is hope.

13. jf3976

jf3976 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hm....if you had multiple guests and multiple days, perhaps you would work around by having them change guests each day? Have a feeling that might not work very well, but hey, it's an idea, ha

14. numeno

numeno VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yea not possible. It is a very odd situation

I didn't even want to book 2 days. I've got it Tuesday night but leaving Monday afternoon.

So I'm paying $56 for resort fees to get $100 off somewhere at Monte Carlo and $50 in Freeplay at NYNY and some at time square bar at the minimum. If I can get more people on the room, I can use more(Freeplay being the ideal). All of these will need to be redeemed on Sunday as we are all leaving Monday around noon.

It ends up being the most rediculous reason I have ever booked a room in Vegas, but that is what happens when you put stupid restrictions on coupons.

15. jf3976

jf3976 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Ha, well, it's vegas, you're supposed to gamble ;) (I mean on adding people - cost or no cost) I didn't play myvegas until very recently, seems like I missed the glory days

16. Jane42

Jane42 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have used MyVegas for rooms on my last two trips and have always been able to get two queen beds just by requesting them - no extra charge.

I have never had more than two in my room, so I can't help with that.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.