1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

I now feel they do monitor your reservations and skimp FP

Discussion in 'Comps' started by LV_Bound, Feb 8, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LV_Bound

LV_Bound Well-Known Member

Trips to Las Vegas:
    For those that plan a few days, weeks or even a month or two in advance may not notice it, but we plan our trips months (usually 4-6) in advance.

I suspect this gives plenty of time for the reservation information to migrate over to the comps area.

What I have noticed in the past two years (4 trips) is that offers tend to be for the weeks prior and weeks after.
    Could it be because maybe the times we go its very busy and they don't need to give out offers?
    I say no way because this year we are going early March which is not busy as the Superbowl weekend and March Madness time in which a few offers were sent to us.

Basically I have FP offers for anytime....except for when I am actually going.

Also, my FP offers have declined even though my bankroll increases.
    It seems that they know we are pretty dedicated and also choose the same property. They continue to decrease the FP figuring it is acceptable because we keep coming back. I am now getting better FP offers from properties that I played while walking the strip and spend very little cash.

This more a venting post as we are not looking to switch properties as we enjoy the PH location but CET does appear to comp well to get you there then try to tapper off to see how low they can go.

2. zignerlv

zignerlv VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have seen many theories and complaints about comp offers, but this is the first time I've seen this one!

The opposite has surprised me many times. Many times I have had a trip planned and then received better offers, additional gifts, or additional free play coupons that I can use for the trip I had already planned, even though I was already committed to going. I would say what you are seeing with the free play offers not being good on your trip is just a coincidence.

Now, that, is something that I HAVE seen, and have seen discussed by others, especially with CET, but not for a trip already planned.

3. Peachiekeehn

Peachiekeehn High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm with you, I've noticed the exact same thing!

4. newmans

newmans VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I generally have 1-3 trips booked at anytime. In the past, I have booked a flight based on a seat sale and added an offer when an offer came up. I usually only see offers a maximum of 2 months out. So, I don't agree that they give me offers that they know I can't take advantage of. In the past, I have always found an offer to add.

I agree about the decline in freeplay or the value of offers. My host (and Hunter) has confirmed the drop in the value of offers, as well as being more date specific.

I'll also raise another point. I know someone who has smaller theo and only goes to Vegas 2 times a year. In the past, his freeplay was 3x more than mine. I have questioned this. I can understand the answer I got. They don't need to offer me as much......I'll keep showing up 6 - 8 times a year. It makes sense from a business standpoint.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.