1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Mlife hotels: Re-booking after price drop

Discussion in 'LV Strip Hotels' started by gguerra, Feb 5, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gguerra

gguerra High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I am going to Vegas on Mar 26 for 4 nights and found really high prices for that weekend so I booked one of the cheapest hotels (Excalibur). After going back and checking the price again I've noticed the prices are dropping. So, I noticed on their web site that you can call a number to re-book at the lower rate but they charge $10 to do so. They call it a change fee and if you ask me it's a scam.

Anyways, the price has dropped like $50 in just three days and the prices may keep dropping.

BTW, they charge you one night as a deposit and you have until 48 hours before the dates to cancel for a refund.

I assume this is based on demand?

I can go ahead and rebook at the lower price and pay the $10 but what if the price keeps dropping?

2. ams722

ams722 Side Bet Shunner

Trips to Las Vegas:
    How did you book it originally?

I'd just cancel the original reservation and book it again.

Unless: you booked through VIP services (the number on the back of your mlife card), then just call them and they'll take care of it for you.

3. gguerra

gguerra High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I booked direct through mlife web site. I could cancel but what if the price keeps dropping? I know vegas.com offers the same price as the hotel direct and they offer what is called "drop watch". I am a former CET customer and do not have an mlife card (yet).

As far as cancelling how are they about giving you refunds?

Should i just cancel with mlife and re-book with vegas.com?

Last edited: Feb 5, 2015
  4. lotso-bear

lotso-bear VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If it's a refundable reservation, you can call the property and ask them to match the lower rate. If they make it a hassle, just tell them to cancel the reservation. Once you get off the phone, make a new reservation w/ the lower rate.

5. DeMoN2318

DeMoN2318 The DERS

Trips to Las Vegas:
    They just refund it...unless I misunderstood your questions? its exactly like any other return or cancellation...

word of advice, dont book through the MLife website...always call

6. gguerra

gguerra High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The reason I ask is because some companies will not just give you a refund without charging you some kind of "hidden" fees.

What's wrong with booking on the web site? What's the advantage of calling?

Also I mentioned vegas.com since you can book the same hotel at the same rates but they will allow you to rebook and credit you the difference. The only thing is that you have to pay it up front. With mlife it's only a deposit.

7. DeMoN2318

DeMoN2318 The DERS

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Everytime I have cancelled a reservation they refund the deposit really fast.

There isn't anything wrong with booking on a website, but the mlife website is rough sometimes when booking offers.

8. StormHawk

StormHawk Yuma, where I work in software.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have had experiences where I've called MLife to book what's in front of me on the site and was told that they were fully committed or couldn't give the price and I'd have to complete it on the site.

9. Username

Username VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Half of the time MLife website doesn't even work for me........but back to the OP question.

MOST reservations are fully refundable if you cancel in the appropriated time, however there are some hotel res that will give you about a 10% discount to pay up front with NO refunds........don't take that sucker bet.

I would do and have done is book the a new room at the lower price and THEN cancel the higher price room. With SWA I keep doing that several times on many trips.

10. heatherlovesvegas

heatherlovesvegas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    They wouldn't charge you to do something like that over the phone. I booked, and upgraded my recent Mlife reservation over the phone at no charge.

I would call first, tell them what rates you are seeing, see if they can help. More than likely they will.

11. Habs

Habs Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks Gang, you just saved us $50I'll make the call in the morning and let you know how it goes.

12. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I travel lots. LOTS. I often cancel a reservation and book another. Never been charged a fee to cancel (unless inside the 24 or 48 hour rule, if that even applies). If you being charge a fee to book, or cancel, or change, you need to be doing something different.

13. 44inarow

44inarow VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've had good luck just calling them up and asking them to modify my reservation to the lower rate. Never had a problem. One thing to note is that I recall them not refunding the deposit at that point, but rather keeping it and just applying it to the bill once I get there, which I never had a problem with. That is to say, if I book a three night stay at $100/night, they take a $100 deposit, but if it later drops to $80/night, they'll adjust the rate but apply that $100 at the back end. Not sure if that matters to you or not. As mentioned, it's trivial to cancel and re-book, but that'll tie up your money for a couple extra days, since they'll charge the new deposit right away but take a couple days to refund the old one.

14. gguerra

gguerra High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Not a big deal tying up the money since it is on credit card. I have not actually called yet, the price has dropped a total of $56. I am kind of waiting for it to drop some more. It may not drop anymore but I do not want to have to make multiple calls/cancellations if the price keeps dropping.

15. Habs

Habs Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Good day People's, made the call, very polite agent agreed with me, made the change, no service fee.
    Thanks again for this thread.:thumbsup:

16. Habs

Habs Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My day just keeps getting better, $70 flight credit with Westjet as our flights went on sale, received a new Mlife offer that increased our freeplay from $150 to $250, and our resort credit from $100 to $150. :drunk:

17. IWannaBeInVegas

IWannaBeInVegas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You can call this the first gamble of your trip. It could keep dropping but in turn, it could turn around and jump straight up at rocket speed overnight, I have seen that happen when booking rooms. I personally would call, get the better rate and then keep watching, if it drops again, make another call, if not know you scored a win for the trip.

18. gguerra

gguerra High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My original booking was online directly with the hotel. I went ahead and registered for mlife and found a better price (about $80). I had to cancel the original booking since it could not be transferred. If the price goes down I will call and hopefully have them give me the better rate without the need to cancel/rebook again. Thanks Guys.

19. dannyocean

dannyocean High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I better-offer MLife hotels almost any trip. Actually just working on doing that for April right now, since it seems like prices dropped a touch. Never had an issue, nor have I had to pay the $10 phone fee.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.