1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Cosmo at regular rate vs CP on comps?

Discussion in 'LV Strip Hotels' started by StormHawk, Jan 26, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. StormHawk

StormHawk Yuma, where I work in software.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I was browsing TR and ended up with 4/5 nights comp and 5th at $91 (~$250 total) for a Forum tower king. I'm booked at the regular rate for a Cosmo 1br Terrace (~$1600 Total). My question is if I can get into an upgrade at CP for that price range that would match the Cosmo suite. It is a Sunday - Thursday in Feb. 5 nights total.

I've never stayed at CP but it's on my list (Same with Cosmo). It will be my wife and I. She's into the room being nice above all else. The comps are so attractive in this case that it's hard to turn down. I booked it to keep hold of it, but I can always scratch.

2. firstkill

firstkill High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    nearly free vs 1600 bucks. I think you can upgrade while at CP.
    not sure if the room will be as "modern" but it will still feel luxurious.

3. VegasDave

VegasDave Addicted

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Take the comped room for sure! Tip $20 at the desk unless they offer you a really nice upgrade you want to spend the dough on. I love the Cosmo rooms, don't get me wrong, they are my favorite. But adding $1350 to your gambling budget in the blink of an eye? No question!

When you tip, ask to remove the resort fee too, Im guessing that is where the $250 comes out of the $91 room rate?

4. Chuck2009x

Chuck2009x VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The first level of true suite (ie separate bedroom) at Caesars is the Executive Suite. If you are asking if you will get your comped stay upgraded to that room, there's almost no chance. Use the CP booking engine to see what they price it at.

You might get upgraded to a Palace Tower room or even Augustus depending on the dates, but neither of those will match the 1 bedroom at Cosmo.

If you're gambling at a level where you can get 4 nights comped at CP, that's a decent amount, but it's not going to get you much in the way of back end comps on your first trip at Cosmo. Although it may be enough to get you future offers there. I'm staying there for the first time next week, so I don't have a handle on what kind of offers my play level will generate. I can get 5 nights in a Forum Tower room at CP just about any dates.

So you're kind of stuck with deciding whether to "invest" this trip's play at Cosmo. The other thing you have to think about I guess is whether your wife would ever settle for CP again, because Cosmo is not going to be as easy a comp to get, I don't think.

5. StormHawk

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm not too worried about future comps. My main concerns are being smart with my budget and getting the wife a nice room. Any idea what the per-night upg charges are at CP at checkin?

6. RM777

RM777 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I would call CP and ask what the per night upgrade fee is, and also check the prices online. Personally, I am a big fan of the Augustus Tower, particularly a room on a high floor with a view of the Bellagio fountains.

7. M0rtyC

M0rtyC TBD

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you take the Caesar's offer you can certainly hit 3 upscale restaurants and pamper her that way.

8. emmas

emmas VIP Whale

I love staying at Cosmo and have stayed there my last four LV trips, but if I were you, I would take the Caesar offer. Since Caesar is on your bucket list and even with an upgrade charge it is likely cheaper than Cosmo, it makes sense to take it. Unless your wife is dead set on Cosmo, maybe spend a day playing there and see what type of future comps it generates even if you're not that interested in the comps. Then if it does, would probably make the decision easier next trip.

I need all the luck I can get!
  9. momnkid

momnkid Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Caesars for sure. I love Cosmo but there are plenty of decent rooms at CP and I would rather have the $ to gamble with and win and see if I can make them come offer me a suite. LOL Good luck with either hotel.

10. VegasChic-

VegasChic- VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you haven't stayed at either, I would go with the comp offer at CET and use the $$ saved for bankroll playing at Cosmo. The extra $1350 would go a long way at producing comp offers there. You could scratch both off your list eventually, and would likely end up getting both stays comp~

11. drugsdrugsdrugs123

drugsdrugsdrugs123 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have never stayed in a high end Caesars suite, but I have stayed in all sorts of Caesars rooms/towers and Cosmo rooms.

If your wife prioritizes room quality, you need to be very careful about which CP tower you choose. I think the quality of the standard rooms in the Caesar's Augustus and Octavius Towers are on par with the quality of the Cosmo studios and one bedrooms. These are all relatively new rooms. I would absolutely avoid the lower end CP Towers (Forum, Roman), because most of their furniture and bathrooms are dated. The CP rooms are a decent size, but the Cosmo one bedroom will be larger and have a balcony. In my experience though, the CP housekeeping is much better than Cosmo's (which may be important if you are going to be there for 5 days).

If I were you, I would just call CP and ask how much it would cost to upgrade to the Augustus Tower. With it being Super Bowl Sunday though, it might be expensive.

12. RiddickBull

RiddickBull VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Classic name sir. I like.

13. StormHawk

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This is actually Oscar Sunday. She's pretty on board with the savings aspect, but its hard to pull myself away from Cosmo. I don't want to end up kicking myself or be disappointed with CP.

This is how all of my trips go. This time it was Mirage->Bellagio->Cosmo->Caesars (potentially).

14. jf3976

jf3976 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We stayed at CP on our last trip, in NOBU, if you can stay there - do it! It's not huge, but it's very nice, and a nice (little different) experience. We are going in a few weeks and doings some comps chasing, haha, 2 nights at CP (Augustus Tower), then Cosmo (3 nights -Terrace Suite all on Marriott Rewards, haven't gambled there yet), then CP (3 nights - Octavius).

I would go with PP recommendation - stay at Caesar's and try to get an upgrade to a better tower. Then, spend that savings at Cosmo and hope for a comp there (or at least discounts on future rooms) - then you get to do both!

Have fun and good luck!

15. Chuck2009x

Chuck2009x VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    What type of place are you used to staying at in LV? The Forum Tower room is OK but could feel a little cramped and the bathrooms are small (no tub). I think you want at least Palace Tower. The difference in the rack rate for your nights is only $8/night. I'd call and see what they'll give you for a upcharge and try to lock that in on your reservation, and then you still have time to decide which way to go.

16. StormHawk

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Last time we spoiled ourselves with tower suites at mirage and Aria, so it's hard to downgrade. If it's just myself and a friend or my dad then it's wherever is free.

17. StormHawk

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just called Caesars Reservations and was told that any upgrade charges will only be available at the desk day-of.

18. jf3976

jf3976 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I was wondering which one you went with, looks like you picked Aria?

19. StormHawk

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yeah. That was what she really wanted to start, but it went from sky-high to sold out back to available, so I snagged it.

This trip started as Mirage Tower Suite, morphed into Bellagio Penthouse to Cosmo Terrace 1br to possibly Caesars Forum Tower to finally Aria Panoramic Pent. I change hotels multiple times every planning period before settling.

5 nights. Reservations set for JG at Aria, Tetsu, Jasmine. Love tickets for Thursday (our last night). Should be a lovely honeymoon in Vegas!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.