1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Any good BBQ joints?

Discussion in 'Restaurants & Buffets' started by mikeinctown, Jan 24, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mikeinctown

mikeinctown High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Looking for some good BBQ while I'm there. Not talking about somewhere that has good sauce and boiled ribs. I'd like a place with great smoked brisket or shoulder. The kind of place where you might see on the corner of two main roads out in the middle of nowhere. Just good BBQ.

2. firstkill

firstkill High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've tried rollin smoke bbq. I'd rate it as a 7.5. Ribs and rib tips were good. Pulled pork and brisket were average

3. pleepleus

pleepleus 2016 - The monkey is back

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I just tried rollin smoke as well. I'd give it a 6, but probably the best barbecue option in Vegas so far. Plus side, it's very close to the Spearmint Rhino!

I've eaten BBQ all over the country... KC, Texas, Carolinas, Tennesee... I still love my Kansas City.

4. USCHawks

USCHawks High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I agree on the overall rating, but when I was there the pork and brisket were quite good while the ribs were only average. The corn nuggets were damn good too.

5. jrinct1

jrinct1 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I am not a BBQ expert by any means And I haven't been in YEARS ( so it might not be there). But 2 times I went to Memphis Championship Barbeque I really enjoyed it ( the one on Sunset). And I do believe there have been recent threads done on BBQ so if ya do a search ya may get more options.

6. mikeinctown

mikeinctown High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks guys. Found plenty of info on Rollin Smoke, which will be my lunch visit on Monday or Tuesday while I am there. I did see that their brisket was more chipped rather than sliced, which sucks for people who like brisket. Oh well, have to give it a shot.

7. BCMike

BCMike VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I agree on Memphis championship bbq. I've only been there once years and years ago but it was very good.

8. pleepleus

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I just came back from dinner at Memphis Championship BBQ. I ordered the brisket and asked for an extra fatty cut with mac and cheese and creamed corn. The brisket was dry and tough. The meat was not seasoned well and did not have a nice bark or smokiness to it. The mac and cheese was pretty standard and the creamed corn was more cream than corn.

I'd probably give these guys a 5 at best.

9. Fligster

Fligster VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I like the brisket at Lucille's

10. Bubbavegas

Bubbavegas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    NEVER have had any BBQ in Vegas I would give higher than a 6, I do not know if it is just the extremely dry heat there or what but none of it I have had would last as a restaurant here for 6 months, or Texas, or Memphis, or KC.

11. Haute_Shot

Haute_Shot Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Rolling smoke best item is the fried unions

12. pleepleus

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Don't you find it sad that the best item at an allegedly good BBQ joint is their fried onions?

Side note, don't come here if you expect to come out smelling like roses. I smelled smokier than when I cam out of a charcoal using Korean BBQ restaurant.

13. TIMSPEED

TIMSPEED Money’s on the way, with CashNetUSA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Truthfully, I find Dickey's to be just as good as any other BBQ place around here.

14. dmr

dmr Registered Abuser

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We like Memphis.

BBQ is sooooo subjective. I really hate to recommend places since so many people like such different styles.

15. salukidean

salukidean High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Their best item far and away are their beef ribs. Normally, I'm not a big fan of beef ribs, but these are incredible and very meaty. Get one and you won't be disappointed!

16. jrinct1

jrinct1 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    . I just know I enjoy it . LOL!

17. mikeinctown

mikeinctown High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We have a Dickey's here. Overpriced and overcooked. Not dry, just overcooked. When the brisket can pass for pulled pork, it's too done.

18. ardee

ardee It's only money.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Rollin' Smoke beats everywhere else hands down. The pulled pork is excellent, as are the beef ribs and the chicken. Hot links are good, but could be so much better. Side-wise, be advised that the corn nuggets are made of crack. Beans are superb, slaw is ok.

Best place in town, so get there early. The line forms on the left.

19. POPO2012

POPO2012 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Here Here Sir !!! The place has it going on and it is excellent. That line grows very quickly at lunch time with locals. I wonder why that is . Hmmmmmmm

20. dmr

dmr Registered Abuser

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Dickies and Famous Dave can be enjoyable, but when I'm in Las Vegas I want something VEGAS and not something I can get by simply driving 10 miles in any direction.

Having said that, Lucille's is good. Too bad it's way down by Green Valley Ranch. (That's actually Henderson, right?)

Rollin Smoke seems to get a lot of raves here, but the name sounds like it is (or was) a food truck. Do they have a real sit-down type restaurant? I mean one where I can take a group of four, two of which do not care for places as earthy as Arthur Bryant's and such?

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.