1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Car Rental

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by jam13rel, Jan 26, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jam13rel

jam13rel Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hi all, I am returning to Vegas on the 4th November 2015 for my 3rd trip to this wonderful city and will be looking at hiring a car for a day to drive to LA.

A couple of questions if anyone can help?

Im staying at Luxor, where would be the best "walk in" car rental place be for a Mustang or something simliar?

What is the average price for said car for a day?

Do you have to use a credit card to pay? If not can you pay for the hire in $ and put a hold on the credit card?

How much is the hold on the credit card?

How much is it to add a second driver (ill be 30 years old) ? I cant be the main driver as it wont be my credit card being used?

Sorry for all the questions !!

2. tvon

tvon VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
  3. Mrgmb

Mrgmb Tourist

Speaking of driving to LA, How is that ride? I plan on doing the same thing in march

4. ExVegasLocal

ExVegasLocal Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm unsure what a "walk in" car rental place is. Also, can you define "best"? Best in what way? Closest to Luxor? Widest variety of vehicles to choose from? Cheapest rates?

The rates for rental cars fluctuate based upon supply and demand. I would guess the range would be $40-$100 per day.

You will need a credit card to pay. The hold will be about $300, roughly.

A spouse can usually be added as a drive for no charge. Some car companies charge to add a non-spouse 2nd driver. The rates vary from company to company. I would venture to guess $10-15 per day would be the surcharge.

The drive to Los Angeles will depend upon the day of the week, the time of day, and the area of Los Angeles you are driving to. I would estimate 5-7 hours, each direction. Add more time if you are in Los Angeles during rush hour, or leaving Las Vegas on a Sunday afternoon or at the end of a holiday weekend.

5. tvon

tvon VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Its cool to drive through the desert.. If you are going on a busy time you could be in for some traffic. I always like to plan an "off the beaten path" route if you have the time. I did the drive from vegas to LA via Joshua Tree.. Really off the grid.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.