1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Question ON Earning Points at cosmo

Discussion in 'Comps' started by littlepiggie, Jan 22, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. littlepiggie

littlepiggie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Do the points you earn form a purchase count toward earning a tier status. I am 3300 points from gold and it expires on Feb 20th. I plan to go back in March as well as NYE and 2 free nights for Gold plus 3x multiplier in slots is a nice perk plus the 2-1 buffets.MY bankroll this trip is really small so I am not staying there and can't easily earning 3500 points. I want to buy a 650 dollar gift card to keep my gold status. Someone mentioned they didn't think that the purchase counted towards tier status. Can anyone confirm?

2. VegasChic-

VegasChic- VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My understanding is that the purchases/spending ONLY count towards the tier progress, exactly what you are after. They just won't do anything for your marketing offers as that's all based on THEO. Others on here have mentioned they are gold tier from only spending, no gambling, so no offers. I would however check to see if gift cards are included in that, as sometimes those are handled differently - like possibly they only issue points as you redeem the card.

3. symbols

symbols Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes. Gift cards count towards tier progression. Friend bought one in June 2014 and it was posted quickly.

4. DaiLun

DaiLun R.C., L.C., and A.A.N.G.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Is the PURCHASE of the CARD or when you SPEND it that you accumulate points?

With the mLife card, it's when you spend with the card that points accumulate.

Just asking so OP doesn't take an unnecessary hit.

5. CosmoGold

CosmoGold Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This is incorrect. All accumulated points can be redeemed the same as cash through out the resort (1 point = $0.01). I just had my wedding at the Cosmo and they gave us points for EVERYTHING. Now I have a hefty chunk of Identity Credit and I am Platinum.

6. symbols

symbols Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Congratulations! You're going to have to get a new user name now.

7. VegasChic-

VegasChic- VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sorry if I was unclear - I did mean that there were identity points accumulated (that's how you achieve the tier progression from the spending) - it just wouldn't improve offers for gambling!
    Awesome that you got that chunk from the spending - at Cosmo it seems to add up VERY quickly!! I find it one of the best programs for accumulation of the few that I have experience with~
    Congrats on Platinum!!

8. littlepiggie

littlepiggie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks Everyone. I appreciate this info as I know now to spend the money. Most cases tier isn't worth it but 600 bucks to retain a tier and get some free nights for family is an awesome perk

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.