1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

VegasChic & Sis & Hubby's & Kids.....in Hawaii!

Discussion in 'Non-Vegas Trip Reports' started by VegasChic-, Jan 6, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. VegasChic-

VegasChic- VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:

My Trip Report

January 4-12th.

Hey everyone! Just thought I'd throw out a mini report and send out some warm weather pics for those back in the cold!
    we're staying at the Aulani resort in Ko'Olina...this is actually our 4th time here since it opened in 2011. It's an easy direct flight from Vancouver when travelling with kids, so it's made it a goto destination for us in the winter. We actually are members of a vacation club called Club Intrawest. Although it doesn't have many of its own resorts, it's points can be exchanged with many other clubs, including Disney. We ultimately chose to buy into Club Intrawest as the points never expire (disney vacation club do) -they are an actual willable asset, so we can pass them down to the kids. So far we've always been able to get the resorts we were after, and due to family size, we always request a 2 bedroom. We have enough points that we were able to get a studio for my sis and her hubby, who enjoy travelling with us to get some time with the kids.
    Plan for the 8 days is lots of pool time, more pool time, and if we can squeeze it in, some pool time.
    So far all is well, everyone having fun. Today my hubby said he was waiting in line for the tube slide, and Neil Patrick Harris and his family were behind him in line. Haven't spotted him myself, but will keep eyes open. I really thought the resort would be less busy this week as most schools have started, but, it seems pretty full. We normally reserve a cabana by the pool in advance, didn't bother this time assuming it would be less busy, and......now we can't get one until Friday, and we have to be down by 9 am to get even 3 chairs together by the pool. Whoops.....oh well. First world problems, right? Nothing a piƱa colada cant't fix!
    Enjoy the pics.........soon to follow.......

2. VegasChic-

VegasChic- VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Pic of the resort from balcony ImageUploadedByTapatalk1420613600.167495.jpg

3. VegasChic-

VegasChic- VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Random pics.... ImageUploadedByTapatalk1420614593.791931.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1420614716.150685.jpg
    So beautiful, and yet, something seems missing........

4. VegasChic-

VegasChic- VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Whew. That's better. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1420614955.006453.jpg

5. LoveVeGa

LoveVeGa Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Welcome to Hawaii, wish you and fam enjoy hawaii weather and beautiful sceneries ..

The kids are not going to school until next week...

Aloha...

ALOHA..

6. VegasChic-

VegasChic- VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    While walking down to the elevator today, a 65ish year old walks by in a speedo. My 8 year old quietly says to me he was kinda scared at seeing a guy in his underwear in the hall. We get in the elevator, it goes down one floor, and who squishes onto the elevator in front of me? ImageUploadedByTapatalk1420615286.090665.jpg

My husband thinks I'm evil for taking a pic. I figure if it's a tiger print speedo, he probably would thank me for the attention he was looking for having worn it.

7. VegasChic-

VegasChic- VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
  8. VegasChic-

VegasChic- VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Shaved ice......I will hear about this treat daily..... ImageUploadedByTapatalk1420616432.002174.jpg

And the dole pineapple whip....... ImageUploadedByTapatalk1420616483.754196.jpg

9. VegasChic-

VegasChic- VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks so much, the weather has been the best of all our trips so far! Love it here!

10. VegasGarden

VegasGarden Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Have a blast. We (kids too) stayed there recently at the Marriott just to the North - I think. Would run along the path and see all the small inlets. Very cool. We loved it.

11. Packer

Packer VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    VC, great stuff. Happy you and the Fam are having a great time. However, when I asked for some pics I really didn't mean one of the 65 year old. Just to make it even if you happen to see a sunset or a bikini that would be great! have a great trip!

12. VegasChic-

VegasChic- VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Lol, I actually thought of you during a photo opportunity that I just couldn't possibly do......if morally I could have taken the pic, I would have, hehe.
    We grabbed some food at the poolside places here, and went up to sit at the dining area. As we are eating, my hubby says, "well, that's interesting". I turn around to see a woman, here in the dining area, completely topless, going through her beach bag, eventually finding a shirt, and putting it on. Not the slightest attempt at even trying to be discreet.
    I wouldn't bat an eyelash if it were vegas, but so far while at Disney, we've got a topless woman in the dining area and a 65ish in the leopard speedo, a little too close for comfort in the elevator.
    Maybe I'll try and get you a photo of the sunset Instead Packer.......I'm getting a wee bit intimidated by all the skin here at Disney! Who knew!

13. PayTriple

PayTriple VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I take back what I said earlier, sounds like Hawaii is the place to be, not Vegas!

14. Jordan

Jordan Caveman

Trips to Las Vegas:
  15. VegasChic-

VegasChic- VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Don't get blinded by the skin PT, there's still no gambling!!!!!!
    but Wow is it gorgeous here. going to hit the North Shore today,
    Will post pics!

16. RockyBalboa

RockyBalboa Front Line Winner

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Excellent pics (minus gramps in the speedo lol)!

As I sit here listening to the wind howling and the temps dropping seeing the pics of warm Hawaiian locales makes me jealous.

17. VegasChic-

VegasChic- VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Well another good day was had by all. We headed out to the North Shore, about a 45 minute drive. We checked out the beaches, HUGE waves- closed to swimmers as the waves and currents were just too much to be safe! The good news is I think I managed to get a bikini shot for Packer!
    The popular lunch there was to go to the shrimp trucks. As much as it seemed counter intuitive to eat seafood off a truck in hot Hawaiin weather, we went for it anyway. On the way back to hotel, we stopped at a favourite of ours, Leonard's bakery - another truck, serving Portuguese doughnuts. If you don't hear from me for the next 3 days, let's assume the food off the trucks got the better of me. My fingers are crossed and I'm just hoping for the best.
    We finished the night by putting the kiddos in the disney kid care called aunty's beach house, and we managed to have a great dinner at Ama Ama, an open air restaurant on the beach during sunset. The food was great- pics of the day to follow! ImageUploadedByTapatalk1420702960.594971.jpg

18. VegasChic-

VegasChic- VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1420703249.823372.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1420703289.774583.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1420703335.054988.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1420703366.155076.jpg

Attached Files:

19. VegasChic-

VegasChic- VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1420703812.678227.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1420703835.862396.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1420703880.399597.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1420703903.177378.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1420704076.574922.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1420704101.067891.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1420704117.921214.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1420704158.939443.jpg

Attached Files:

20. BeeeJay

BeeeJay President of The Red Lobster Hostess Satisfaction

Trips to Las Vegas:
    you are a total DEGENERATE!!! (That's a compliment btw)....

where are the bikini pics?!?!?

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.