1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Which spa?

Discussion in 'Misc. Vegas Chat' started by Vegaslover2, Dec 31, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vegaslover2

Vegaslover2 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hey everyone--- heading to Vegas with a friend in a couple weeks. We want to have a spa day and have been researching which one would be best. Qua at Caesars seems to be a hands down favorite but some current reviews suggest it's not as wonderful as iit used to be. Also considering Canyon Ranch, Mandalay Bay, MGM, and Mirage. I would love to get some VMB input. Thanks! :wave:

2. Travel Fanatic

Travel Fanatic The Arbiter of Taste Caviar Kid

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I would encourage you to consider the Aria spa

The plans have changed
    Post-Shopping Recovery Period
  3. daniela

daniela Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Spas are one of the main reasons I go to Vegas almost every month. In my opinion Qua and Canyon Ranch are the two best spas on the strip! They have many different amenities that you can just spend the whole day there. I'm not a fan of Aria spa because it's just too bright for me (I prefer darker spas) and lacks lounge space around the hot tubs.

Mandarin Oriental is another very nice spa, but again it's very bright because it has huge windows overlooking the strips which makes it a really unique experience. Also they have a wonderful lounge room with lounge chairs that are basically like beds (with linen and blankets). I always fall asleep for hours there :)

The spa at Encore is nice too but last time I went there they told me they were changing their admission policy and only hotel guests were allowed admission :(

Another spa I enjoy (but on the smaller side compared to the others) is the Bathouse at the Delano. Very dark environment (which I tend to prefer for a spa) and lots of lounge chaises around the main hot tub which has a very nice size.

As I said my favorites are Qua (Qua can't be beat if you like spending time in a hot tub, they have different ones with different temps and the main one is a good size and very nice), and Canyon Ranch (this spa doesn't have the best hot tubs, in fact it only has a small one, but has a lot of other extra amenities and different rooms experiences like the wave room, the salt grotto).

Last edited: Jan 1, 2015
  4. 33hard6

33hard6 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Can only speak for Bellagio Spa, for someone who uses the spa on every trip (Massage, Stream room mostly) its ran very well and all the treatments I have gotten have been top notch. I normally spend 3-5 hours in the spa once each trip and then get a daily pass to enjoy the stream room each day before poker tournaments

5. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    About once a month this question comes up. I will answer what I always say is the first thing to consider.

Where are you staying? If you are staying a MB, then taking a cab up to Encore really takes away from the experience. The spa in the same hotel you are staying at should get first consideration, unless of course it is a dump. The idea of getting all chilled out, etc and then having to trek a long way back to your room to change, etc is just a hassle.

6. Vegaslover2

Vegaslover2 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My friend and I are using Spafinder. Just found out that Aria doesn't accept the certificates but most other Strip spas do. Thank you Daniela for describing the spas. That helps out so much. I do believe we will be trying out Canyon Ranch!

7. guapoxxx

guapoxxx High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My wife is a spa-fanatic and she LOVES the Aria spa. 2nd place is Qua... She said if you decide to go to Qua, try the Fire/Ice bath.

Annual Golf Trip
  8. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I will modify my answer.

First, figure out where you are staying.
    Check the list of places that will take your certificate.
    Go the one closest.
    If it looks like you will be driving anyways, come back and ask here... with of list of eligible spas. No sense anyone suggesting a spa that is not on our list.

9. Vegaslover2

Vegaslover2 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've already made a reservation! Thanks to those of you that were so helpful!

10. daniela

daniela Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Enjoy canyon ranch!!!! You won't be disappointed :) Next time try Qua! I'll be in Vegas the first week of February for a whole week and I'm planning to hit several spas :)

11. Vegaslover2

Vegaslover2 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thank you daniela! Enjoy yourself and please consider writing a trip report detailing your spa visits. I'm sure there are many vmb'ers here who would be interested!

12. daniela

daniela Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I will try Vegaslover! I always wanted to write a trip report but never got to do it. In all honesty I'm not sure my trip report would be interesting enough, especially compared to some of the trip reports on this board!!!!!

I usually go solo for just a couple of days and do a lot of slot playing and spa visits. But next time I'll be staying for a week and maybe I'll give it a try! Have a great time in Vegas and let me know what you think of Canyon Ranch!!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.