1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

ACG worth it for a single person?

Discussion in 'Misc. Vegas Chat' started by scolist, Dec 10, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. scolist

scolist Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Title pretty much explains what I want to know.

2. IWannaBeInVegas

IWannaBeInVegas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I used it as a single person in Vegas but I only used it for the free and match plays, nothing else. When I got home, I gave the rest of the coupons to members of this board at the cost of them providing a SASE

3. Tree DA

Tree DA High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It is for me. It's fairly easy to do a cost benefit analysis. What couopns will you use and is the expected value of them greater than the cost of the book? Add in the additional utility you achieve from getting a 'good deal' (if any)

4. Ty

Ty ?

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Where are you staying?

5. makikiboy

makikiboy VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think it depends if you are able to use the coupons in the book. Some singles use enough of the coupons to make it worth their while. For myself I don't make use of enough coupons so it wasn't worth buying.

Best to check their web site, check out the coupons deals and whether you will/can use the coupons, then you can decide if you will use enough coupons to make up for the cost of the book. IMHO, while many say to pick up the book be aware that it isn't for everyone, esp if you are going solo (can't use most 2 for 1 coupons unless you have a friend or you find someone - but that means that you aren't really solo).

6. LolaDoggie

LolaDoggie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    What Makki said. Look at the list on the site. In my head, if I can for sure use double the cost of the book, it's worth it. I always do better than that, but, that's my bare minimum.

7. jimshan

jimshan Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I go every year in December as a single guy,for 6 or 7 nights, leaving this Saturday in fact. I get one. I use the freeplay and MP's for downtown and the Riviera at minimal, and a few bogo free drink coupons in the book. Last year i also used the coupon for 2 free tickets to the Riviera Comedy Club,just taking one ticket, which by itself made it well worth the cost. But definitely look at the coupon list before you buy it.

8. scolist

scolist Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Main Street Station

9. jimboguy

jimboguy MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Don't forget to factor in the value of the information you'll gain from reading the articles at the front of the book.

10. Ty

Ty ?

Trips to Las Vegas:
    IMO, yes. I don't have my notes with me, but from the top of my head.
    Earn 250 points and get a free buffet at MSS, Cal, Fremont (and keep the points)
    Downtown Match Plays seem plentiful.

Last edited: Dec 12, 2014
  11. OneManWolfPack

OneManWolfPack Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You'll recoup the cost of the book, but I don't like that many of the offers are for new members. I'd probably pass. I like the downtown grand. Have fun in Vegas.

12. Gmoney10

Gmoney10 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm going to Vegas for the Super Bowl and got my ACG for 2015. Most of the good coupons are for downtown and appear to be worth it. Gonna be playing BJ anyways, so might as well use the match plays.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.