1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Table Games Baccarat - What am I doing wrong?

Discussion in 'Table Games' started by wanker751, Nov 28, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wanker751

wanker751 Dutch Rudder Enthusiast

Trips to Las Vegas:
    So I wanna state that my sample size is small, but whenever I play this game I get crushed.

One time I kept switching from Bank to Player and missed, the other night I said I would just stick with Banker and of course a player run hit and wiped me out.

Same with a few other times. I am just unlucky at this game? Should I switch when I see runs (even though I believe the answer should be no).

How many betting units should I start with to keep the swings from eating my bankroll?

2. thecarve

thecarve Misanthrope

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You should try being luckier.

3. wanker751

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yeah I kind of figured. Wednesday was brutal. I would say 2 or 3 banks at start of shoe and 10 or so players when at start of shoe.

4. thecarve

thecarve Misanthrope

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I hope I didn't come across as a dick. I was just trying to be funny.

I'm not much of a bac player so hopefully you'll get some good responses from those who are. But the fact of the matter is, it's all luck. You can't predict a streak. You can't predict when a streak will end. About the only thing you can do is manage your bankroll well... and get lucky.

5. RiddickBull

RiddickBull VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    As my friend said. I don't play bacc I'm a bad guesser. He tells me I'm good at guessing. Lol

6. wanker751

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Lol no not at all! I know the answer but just wondering what others do, how many units to buy in. how to manage my bankroll etc. I bought in for $100 and it was a $10 table. The 10 or so times I played I always get destroyed and fast.

7. wanker751

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I told my friend the exact same thing. That is my attitude at this point as well!

8. PayTriple

PayTriple VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    One problem is that you are only starting with 10 units. I always start with at least 30 units and preferably 100 units, to weather long losing streaks, before a winning streak comes along.

9. broncofn

broncofn VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Was the 10 players in a row? And if it was, why would you not follow the streak?

10. wanker751

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That is what I was looking for, thanks. Do you usually follow streaks, or switch back and forth or just stick with bank?

My buddy wanted to go to the strip club, and I wanted to give it a try before we left. I lost twice because the strip club closed 1 hour earlier than we thought and was closing in 20 mins when I showed. :cry:

11. wanker751

Trips to Las Vegas:
    No it was not. I do not remember exactly but I think it was 7 P 1T and 2B when I left. I increased my bet to $15 once and I think $20 my last hand.

As for following the streak, I dunno I was stubborn I supposed. I went in and said I would just play bank and stuck to it. Most other times I played I would switched back and forth and lost so I decided to stay with 1.

I do not play Baccarat very much. I want to play it more though but do not know how to best approach it. Is that what you do, play the streaks when you see them?

12. broncofn

broncofn VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes, I play the streaks. There are many ways on the board to keep track of them and with your own score card but it will make you dizzy keeping track of it. Even at 7 players, you should have made money in the beginning even though it was early in the shoe.

There are ppl who are only bank bettors, player bettors (no commission) and ppl like me who go with the streaks. I know it could change anytime and it is a coin flip but that is part of the fun playing the game.

13. bedaniels

bedaniels High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I saw a guy once at Mgm flip a coin then bet. Heads could have been banker and tails player? Anyway he was doing well, it's as simple as that.

14. natedog666

natedog666 17 and 20 Expert

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I say just follow somebody that looks lucky and looks like doing good, in a good mood. Although after several hands of following him and losing he might blame you as being his jinx. Haha

15. RiddickBull

RiddickBull VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    hahah, I'm the same way. lol

Sometimes I like to blame other people/friends as bad luck. Bastards.

16. broncofn

broncofn VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Wanker, this is another option that you could do lol

17. Piggylane

Piggylane Well-Known Member

Trips to Las Vegas:
    A couple players I know - not Asian - swear by the "Follow Last Bet" principle. That works great when there are long streaks but crushes you when it is P-B-P-B etc.

Then again, the Wizard of Odds #6 Commandment: "Thou shalt not believe in gambling systems"

Best thing is to take six or eight decks. Thoroughly shuffle them. See if you can discern a predictable pattern. Do it over and over and over again. See if you can repeat whatever patterns you see. The idea is to be able to predict future patterns from past events, that's the purpose of the score cards. Maybe some people can but that specific algorithm eludes me.

As a Physicist who understands math and probability pretty well the winners in Baccarat seem to be the best guessers.

18. broncofn

broncofn VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    But you can still win off of the pbpb which is considered a choppy shoe. Again, there are many ways to keep track of everything but it will only drive you crazy.

My opinion is to bet what you think is the correct bet. You do not have to play every hand. It is basically a coin flip but almost everyone who plays bacc follows streaks etc.

19. wanker751

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yeah I am a Wizard reader and I followed the suggestion of betting only bank. And I know that streaks are just that but not predictable and each hand itself is an independent trial and what happened before the next hand has the same odds of being bank and player. (not saying betting streaks is wrong) I just want to get in the mind of people that play often.

Maybe I should probe my mind think what is the best and then do the opposite! As to the not playing every hand thing I think if I had more time I would have sat out a few hands and obviously I need to have more units available as Pay Triple recommended. I did not know what that number was.

20. wanker751

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I like this! So I do not have to blame myself for being a bad picker

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.