1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Identity Point Rollover

Discussion in 'Comps' started by saeldway, Nov 24, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. saeldway

saeldway Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm going over NYE and I forget if Identity is a rolling 12 month or a calendar reset on Jan 1. I couldn't find it on their site. I know they don't comp that great but just have a couple trips already from booked with friends and I might as well give them some play going into next year. Thanks.

2. firstkill

firstkill High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    When I asked last, it's a rolling basis.

3. BayouBengal

BayouBengal VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Your current tier is good for 1 year from the date you reached it. Progression to the next tier is based on a rolling 365.

4. pphold

pphold pp Park Place Degenerate

Trips to Las Vegas:
    i was told it was rolling so you should be good

5. VegasDave

VegasDave Addicted

Trips to Las Vegas:
    But then when do the free room reward reset? 1 year from the time you used it if you keep your status? Do you have to lose you status and regain it to get the room again?

This brings up another good question, If I go to Cosmo and earn:
    100 points on Jan 1st
    100 points on Feb 1st
    and 4800 points on March 1st

Essentially I get 5k points and the status of sterling which comes with a free night. What if I don't play at all anymore and use my free room March 2nd. A year goes by and I go back to Vegas Jan 2, when I only have 4900 points now because the 100 fell off on Jan. 1st so I must be silver again. If I reclaim the sterling status by earning 100 points Jan 2nd, do I get another room? Rinse and repeat the next month?

All hypothetical, and probably hard to answer unless someone has tried it?

6. VegasChic-

VegasChic- VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The date that you earn the sterling status begins your anniversary, and you have 1 year to use that reward. Note that is says you need 2 weeks advance booking for that sterling night. In your case listed above, your anniversary date would be March 1st, so the Jan & Feb points won't matter until March 1st the following year. On March 2, you would go back down to silver. However, if you never dropped below 5000K because you continued to play enough throughout the year, your anniversary would just re-trigger a new year and the one free night - you don't have to lose it and earn it back - you remain sterling.

One mistake I made was that when they introduced the sterling level, they gave me a free night, but on my next trip I came in on an offer instead of using that sterling night and only 2 offer nights. On that trip I made gold, which entitles you to two free nights per year, and a new anniversary date, but it doesn't carry forward the sterling night I hadn't used. The play & frequency I go to Cosmo now will always maintain Gold because it doesn't re-set, it just keeps rolling. Not a big deal - a free room is a free room - but may want to be mindful if you are sterling and have the possibility of going to gold on your next trip! The sterling and gold night don't count towards your THEO, comp nights do.

7. Chuck2009x

Chuck2009x VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This used to come up when MLife used a rolling expiration.

The day you reach a higher tier level is your anniversary date.

Let's say it's March 1, 2014 and you reach Sterling.

You are Sterling until Feb 28, 2015.

However, you have to earn a new 5,000 pts between 3/1/2014 and 2/28/2015 to maintain Sterling for another year beyond that, otherwise you drop to Silver on 3/1/2015.

In your scenario of
    100 points on Jan 1st
    100 points on Feb 1st
    and 4800 points on March 1st

When you go back the following year in January, you don't have 4,900 pts banked towards maintaining Sterling. Once you earn it, you have to earn it all over again in the next 365 days in order to maintain it.

8. BayouBengal

BayouBengal VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm going to drop down to sterling in a few weeks:cry: but I make a return about 2 weeks before my oldest points expire. Since progression to next tier looks at the last 365, I have only about 10k to earn. I'll get it with gambling and spending but I just may not spread my play at all to other properties and eat and extra meal or two at Cosmo restaurants. All the while repeating to myself, DONT CHASE COMPS.

• Wow! Wow! x 1
  9. symbols

symbols Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The sterling night is an interesting point you bring up. Earlier this summer I dropped to sterling. While at that tier I booked the sterling one night offer. My next time to Cosmo I made gold. Over the past few months I have been changing that one night reservation date with no issue. Not sure what will happen when I try to change it past my gold anniversary date. Anyways, I did inquire with reservations about the gold two night booking and they didn't say anything about the one night.

In conclusion make sure you book your sterling night before you hit gold because you can change the date and still retain your two gold days.

10. saeldway

saeldway Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks all for your answers. This brings up a new question.

I prepaid for the 2 rooms I booked (I don't care as I'm getting reimbursed) as part of a 20% off discount. The total charged to my card is >$1,000, its pre-paid, and booked thru Cosmo directly. Does that mean I have Sterling as of today, or would it only trigger after the stay is completed? Because then I could swap out one of the paid nights with the Sterling night, as I'd likely rack up the remaining 20k to Gold over NYE. If so, I could probably swap out those other paid nights with the Gold nights. I know it's sort of gaming the system, but still.

11. BayouBengal

BayouBengal VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The one time I booked and paid for a room as Cosmo I was not asked for Identity number when I booked. I gave them my information when I checked in so I would assume the points were applied when my stay completed.

12. BayouBengal

BayouBengal VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My Gold status will lapse in December but I have booked one of my Gold nights to use at end of Jan. I used one night back in May so this will be my 2nd. So it looks like if you book it before it lapses you're ok?

13. emmas

emmas VIP Whale

I'be been trying to understand how the changes in tier levels and the rolling points work. If you attain 4900 points on April 1, then on October 1 you get another 5100 points and you are now Sterling, if you have another trip scheduled for next April, how many points do you need to attain to make Gold? Do you just need 10,000 points dating from when you made Sterling in October, or do your 4900 points earned the previous April fall off, and you need 14,900 to attain Gold?

I need all the luck I can get!
  14. saeldway

saeldway Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Fair point but the agent asked for my Identiry number last night during the booking itself. I guess I'll see.

15. BayouBengal

BayouBengal VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    To maintain a tier, you have until your anniversary to earn that many points to maintain. To advance a tier they look at the past 365 days. Let's take your case and we assume you are starting with 0 points. In your case you would become Sterling on Oct 1 giving you until Oct 1 of next year to earn 5,000 more points to keep Sterling. Once you hit a tier, you will have it for 1 year. To hit Gold, they constantly look back 365 days and see if you have 20,000 points. In your case you need to get 10,000 more points by April 1. Under this system it would be best to take another trip just before the initial points fall off.

I am basically in this situation. I am current Gold with an anniversary of Dec 7. Since Feb 2014 I have earned about 10k points. On December 7 the system will see I have earned 10k points in the last 365 and switch me to Sterling. For me to advance back to Gold I need to earn 10k points before mid-Feb 2015 when whatever points I earned then fall off. If I hit Gold in early Feb, I will get a new anniversary date and enjoy Gold for one year. As you can see it's to my advantage to take a trip a few weeks earlier than i did last year.

16. Chuck2009x

Chuck2009x VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Here's wher it can get complicated, and I don;t know the answer to this question either the old way under MLife or under Identity:

As soon as you reach a tier level, to be fair, any points you earn after that, including the same day, should count towards making your nut for the next year.

So for example, let's say you have a shot at making Sterling, but you know you'll never make the next tier ever.

So you make the first trip of the year and you get 3,000 pts. Then on your next trip, you only gamble one day, and you do another 3,000 pts to get to 6,000. Your anniversary date is now set. But the extra 1,000 pts you got on the same day really should count towards the next 365 days total.

Does it work that way? I doubt it. If not, then if you hit a tier threshold during a stay, you should stop playing that day and wait for the next day to resume playing, so additional points on the trip will count towards making the tier again.

My memory is fuzzy, but when MLife had a rolling year, I could swear points rolled off at the end of a month, not on your actual anniversary date. So if you reached a tier in the middle of a month, you actually had until the end of that same month the following year to earn the points.

17. BayouBengal

BayouBengal VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think this is how Boyd works as well. But I lean toward the points falling off per day because in the discussions I've had with Identity they specifically said it's a trailing 365 for tier advancement and my anniversary is a specific date and not "expires Dec 2014"

18. wanker751

wanker751 Dutch Rudder Enthusiast

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This is my "problem" in moving up tier levels, I play all over the place in Vegas.

19. emmas

emmas VIP Whale

Thanks so much for the explanation. Yes, you do benefit by making more trips to get to the next tier, especially as you would have a multiplier to get to the next level.

I need all the luck I can get!
  20. BayouBengal

BayouBengal VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The multiplier doesn't accelerate the tier progression, it just accelerates the points you can use for comps or identity play.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.