1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

MGM Grand / Mlife question

Discussion in 'LV Strip Hotels' started by sunshine54, Nov 12, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sunshine54

sunshine54 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hi,

I canceled my reservation, because my dates changed.

Got a cancelation number.

Booked again with the new date.

This happened few days ago.

Got my money (first night deposit) back.

Now, if I looked mlife.com there will still be both reservations displayed.

No sign that the first reservation is canceled.

I'm now totally confused.

Please, what do know/think ?

2. gpenguins67

gpenguins67 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The mlife website is a disaster. As long as you got your deposit refunded to your account I wouldn't stress out about it. If you are still concerned give them a call just to confirm the right dates. I have never stayed at a CET hotel but I hear their TR site is really accurate with this hotel booking stuff.... mlife is not at all!

3. RM777

RM777 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I would definitely call and confirm that cancellation.

4. DaiLun

DaiLun R.C., L.C., and A.A.N.G.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    mLife website sucks for showing reservations and I would assume cancellations as well.

They have admitted as much to me. I have a reservation that was booked through the website that doesn't show up anywhere. When I asked if they could add it, they said "No, we can't".

I would trust the cancellation number and the new reservation number in hand.

5. 2tweetz

2tweetz Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I agree the mlife website totally sucks.. not up to date and does not have all offers. I called VIP reservations re: a New Year's Eve offer/comp and they told me that I have 2 other offers at Mandalay Bay and Delano that are also 3 night comps. None of these are on mlife even thought the Rep told me they should be. She also mentioned another Mirage comp that is not on mlife. I have old reservations still showing on mlife that I did not make through them. In fact, I don't even know what these reservations are from ... LOL... As long as you are not charged, don't sweat it.

6. shifter

shifter Degenerate Gambler

Trips to Las Vegas:
    yep.

7. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Heck, my Mlife still shows reservations I never made at all. That website is a disaster and should be an embarassment to the MGM Mgmt. Then again, they waste 10-20% of their labor cost with employees just waiting for screens to refresh. Such a waste for stuff that can be fixed.

8. pphold

pphold pp Park Place Degenerate

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just call and get the cancellation number to confirm and you should be good.
    The site is slow and takes a while to update.

9. bswim

bswim High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've made several cancellations with them and every one showed up for quite a while online. I called them and of course they seen nothing on their end and told me not to worry about it.

Never had a problem other than it's annoying.

10. Chuck2009x

Chuck2009x VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The MLife website is set up to create "Itineraries" which can contain (multiple) room reservations, restaurant reservations and shows.

Once you book a reservation or anything else on the MLife website, that itinerary stays visible until they delete it.

If you have a cancellation number and got your deposit back, you're fine.

11. Nevada1278

Nevada1278 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yep, every cancellation I have ever made through Mlife never got deleted. I hate the website so much that I don't book anything with Mlife anymore. It is either inaccurate or crashes. I've spent too much £££ making overseas calls from the UK to cancel, confirm or just get information.

12. FolsomMike

FolsomMike Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm glad to see its not just me. My MLife shows my last reservation as well as my upcoming one. Whats annoying is that it indicates I haven't paid for the one six months ago. I called them and was told I'm all paid up but they couldn't do anything about the website.

13. DeMoN2318

DeMoN2318 The DERS

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Woo Hoo!!!!

Another Mlife website bashing thread!!!

Mlife website has glitches /Thread

14. KevinSTP

KevinSTP High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It's really strange how many people there seem to be that enjoy bitching and being the message board police. It's been really noticeable just over the past couple of days.

If the threads are so crappy then how bad is your life where it's not a waste of your time to respond to them? Chew on that one.

And to add some actual content..the Mlife site glitch where it can't even keep the dates that you plug in consistent is seriously some bush league programming. Luckily they virtually only have one other competitor in town, otherwise they'd actually have to fix it!

15. TheCurse1993

TheCurse1993 Tourist

So, I understand mlife is something to stay away from. What is cet? Sorry, first day on forum.

16. DeMoN2318

DeMoN2318 The DERS

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Tapatalk on the shitter bro...life is GOOD!!!

17. opusxo

opusxo Newbie

CET are the Caesar's owned hotels, they owe 23billion and are teetering on the pin head of filing for bankruptcy protection.

So, yea Mlife website not very good, but I don't think anyone would say, don't stay at Aria because the mlife website fails to delete my cancelled reservations.

18. hillwood24

hillwood24 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    23 billion is 10 TIMES their current market cap.

That's insane.

19. 44inarow

44inarow VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    People here are talking about two separate things -- Mlife as the overall MGM loyalty program, and Mlife as the website and technical implementation system. I definitely would not recommend staying away from Mlife as the overall MGM loyalty program, depending on your needs. If you're primarily a slots player and don't care too much about where you stay, then Caesars (Total Rewards) makes it very easy to get free rooms; however, if you're a table games player and/or want to stay at nicer places, Mlife is superior (in my opinion).

However, the Mlife website is an unholy disaster, especially when compared to the Total Rewards website. The biggest problems are that (1) it doesn't really sync up very well with the hotel booking system, leading to results like what you experienced, and (2) it's often incomplete, such that while Mlife often gives out fairly decent offers, they don't show up on the website and people only find out if they happen to call.

To be fair, though, it's still better than Cosmopolitan's website.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.