1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

where to stay for 30+ days?

Discussion in 'Misc. Vegas Chat' started by random512, Nov 6, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. random512

random512 Low-Roller

Where would you recommend staying in vegas for 30+ days for less than $2k/mo? I'm considering the variables for potentially picking up a contract down there. This would *not* be summer (may - aug) when the rates may be higher. This could be a hotel on or of the strip as long as it's within 20 mins of the strip. This should be nicer than a studio 6. A tiny hotel room would be just fine. Mainly looking for good quality under $2k/month.

2. REELmoneySlotFan

REELmoneySlotFan High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think you'll be able to get a decent room within that budget at the Stratosphere (take one of the select rooms at least). Don't know if you're a Vegas regular and built up some comps in the past? That might help you as well. Don't know if that budget will be enough for Flamingo or Harrah's but I think the overall condition of the Stratosphere property is about on the same level as Flamingo and The STRAT is in better shape than Harrah's. Downside of the Strat is it's location. On the other hand, staying center strip for over a month might steer you away from the original goal of the trip :)

3. lotso-bear

lotso-bear VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Best to choose a place with a kitchen and laundry machine since I've done such stays before. So with this in mind, I recommend the Vdara or Elara if you're looking for a Strip location. Both properties are pretty darn nice (especially the Vdara). I had a ~30 day stay at Vdara for a fixed rate of ~$3200 (?) which was pretty good since I wasn't charged a daily resort fee so I was looking at a daily rate of roughly $106.

If you're looking at off-strip properties then I recommend contacting the sales manager at each place. If you have a certain number of days in mind then tell them that you can guarantee them "x" number of days. If you want to cut the cost then maybe mention that you're open to weekly housekeeping.

4. waverunner

waverunner ------VEGA$------

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I would do something like an Extended Stay America Hotel on Flamingo and Maryland (near UNLV and just minutes to the Strip by car). They have monthly rates that are a lot less than hotels on the Strip, full kitchenettes, pool, one bedroom, laundry facilities, business centers, fitness, Wi-Fi, etc.:
    http://www.extendedstayamerica.com/hotels/nv/las-vegas/east-flamingo

5. Piggylane

Piggylane Well-Known Member

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Also try the Residence Inns. Don't try to book from the Marriott website, call the hotel directly. I've negotiated month long stays for about $2500 in other parts of the country. The one at Hughes Center is better and quieter than the one down near the Hustler. The one out on Henderson is on the flight path to McCarran and is awfully noisy.

6. ken2v

ken2v This Space For Rent

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Check vrbo.com, and don't just look at daily rates and multiply by 30. Lotsa $$$ room when an owner knows they have a unit taken for an extended period of time. You'll find units at Signature, out at LLV, across the valley.

7. undathesea

undathesea Grandissimo

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This is a great idea.

Rates in spring and fall tend to be higher than the summer. It's pretty hot in the desert during the summer so rates tend to fall off a bit.

Rates in December, January, and February are probably the lowest.

8. Iceicecool

Iceicecool Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've seen studios at MGM Signature on Craigslist for $1500 a month before.

9. matguy

matguy High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've heard that some areas count a stay longer than a month a "residence" and won't cater for stays that long (could even be a legal thing in some areas, but I have no idea if that applies to Vegas.) I would expect the extended stay or residence labeled places to be more accepting of that kind of stay, rather than a standard hotel.

Although, I doubt you'd just buy the place when they try to kick you out after a month. ;)

10. BeeeJay

BeeeJay President of The Red Lobster Hostess Satisfaction

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Airbnb.com on some old ladies couch for $5/night

11. user3657

user3657 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I would go this route. Alot of renters might offer a deal if they know the room would be rented for 30 days straight.

12. ken2v

ken2v This Space For Rent

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've lost track of how many places we've booked using vrbo or a similar online service, and not just in the states. I just locked down a condo on the bluff over the Old Mill in Bend for next summer's golf junket!!!

13. Aces and Eights

Aces and Eights VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    airbnb.com as mentioned above also has filters you can apply if you want the entire place to yourself. I've seen some in the $2k range for a month. Sometimes it's tough because you want to find a place that's available for a month. Many have places that are taken for one or two weeks within a month-long period so you might not find something available for one month straight during the time that you want. Or maybe you can stay at two different places for two weeks each.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.