1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Was booking the airport shuttle a mistake?

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by springlakecake, Nov 3, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. springlakecake

springlakecake Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My first time to Vegas will be in December for 4 nights! I booked the vacation BEFORE I found this site. I added the airport shuttle to the package ($28 round trip for the two of us) with BellTrans to the Bellagio. After reading through this forum, I am wondering if it was worth it to save a few $$ or if we should take a taxi instead? I really don't want to waste 1.5 hours getting to/from the hotel. thoughts? thanks in advance

2. Tammy58

Tammy58 Frugal Slot Jockey

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Our first 3 trips we took the shuttle. It never took me 1.5 hours to get to my hotel. It can take longer than a cab. My issue was the return trip, waiting for the shuttle to come to my hotel and hoping it showed up. It always did, but made me anxious. On our 3rd trip we took a cab back to the airport and never took a shuttle again. Now we rent a car. Considering the amount of money you are most likely going to be spending on your trip a cab is not that much more than a shuttle. I wouldn't be losing sleep about it. Take the shuttle to your hotel, if you are unhappy with the experience just cab it back to the airport at the end of your trip. It will come down to how many people are on your shuttle and what hotels they are going to.

3. tringlomane

tringlomane STP Addicted Beer Snob

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The problem with the shuttle is you have to wait for it to fill up. Depending on what time you arrive, that may take awhile. We used to always take the shuttle, but after waiting over 30 minutes once to leave McCarran, we stopped. If you can somehow get the shuttle refunded I would. But the shuttle isn't so bad that I would completely eat the cost.

Kicking off the Trip with Two New Hotels to Us!!!
  4. hillwood24

hillwood24 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I hate taxis, but they are way more convenient than the airport shuttles.

5. springlakecake

springlakecake Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think I might be able to cancel the reservation within 48 hours of arrival.

6. Tree DA

Tree DA High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Plus one for canceling the shuttle and taking the cab for all the reasons mentioned.

7. ams722

ams722 Side Bet Shunner

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you can cancel, it's not a bad idea.

For one person, the shuttle is more economical than a cab. For two people, you might as well just take the cab. The cab won't cost that much more and will be much faster.

8. undathesea

undathesea Grandissimo

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This is the correct answer.

9. springlakecake

springlakecake Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    okay, great information. Thanks for the inside tip! I'll see if I can cancel it. thank you

10. springlakecake

springlakecake Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    okay, i cancelled it! It was not a problem. thanks again!

11. rvallez6

rvallez6 MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    After my first trip, i thought the shuttle was the way to go. We got there, got in the shuttle and took off. But after the second trip, i never want to take the shuttle again. Had to constantly wait for people to come fill it up. Even when it seemed about full, somebody would come up last second. Then we had to worry about when we would actually get to our hotel. We ended up getting off at the Venetian and walking across to the Mirage, where we were staying. I guess its hit or miss, but when you arrive in Vegas, the last thing you want to do is be stuck at the airport, waiting for the shuttle to take off.

12. tringlomane

tringlomane STP Addicted Beer Snob

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think we barely waited on our first shuttle trip as well. Funny how it works that way.

Glad to hear you got the shuttle canceled spring! Now just remember to tell the cabbie "no tunnel" or "Use Swenson to Flamingo, please."

Kicking off the Trip with Two New Hotels to Us!!!
  13. springlakecake

springlakecake Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I am pretty confident now that I made the right decision to cancel it. IF I change my mind, we dont really need the reservation anyway. it was sort of an impulse buy at checkout, lol

14. dfalk

dfalk VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You made the right decision. You couldn't pay me $100 to take one of those shuttles.

15. BlackJackLady

BlackJackLady High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We have pre paid for shuttles that never arrived for return to airport. Paid for cab anyway.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.