1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

What to do? 3 nights comped at Orleans

Discussion in 'Comps' started by 1LuckyMomma, Oct 22, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 1LuckyMomma

1LuckyMomma High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I had 2 nights comped, asked for another night and got it. Should I charge all of our meals to the room so they can see every bit of money we spend there during our visit? Last time we had 2 nights comped, we charged a few meals to the room and were told they couldn't do anything when we checked out. We were leaving with several hundred that trip. :evillaugh

I think I have to charge the food & beverage we've been comped to the room, just wondering if I should charge everything to the room to make it obvious how much we're spending there? Does it matter as far as comps go?

2. REELmoneySlotFan

REELmoneySlotFan High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The comps you receive mainly depend on your amount of play. BUT, it never hurts to charge everything to the room because as you said: they'll see how much you spend and it might actually change your future offers. For example: they could include some "resort credit" in your future offers so you can have a meal or a couple of drinks on their dime.

3. bubbakitty

bubbakitty Doing retirement again and happily so....

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I am not sure you are aware of the points earned while playing can be converted to the dining $ at 600 : 1 $.....or 1000 : 1 for a $ cash. If you charge to the room you can't use the points at check-out to pay for meals but you could get comped. It may be worth the investment to see what comps you can attain from your play. Points won't expire for a future trip. Good luck.

4. 1LuckyMomma

1LuckyMomma High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:

I've seen "pay with points" before. What exactly does that mean? I have about 20K points on my card right now. When we go to the buffet, I know I get a discount on the regular price for having a player's card. Am I paying with points already? I'm confused.

5. macwjp

macwjp Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    No, being a TR member gets you the discount. As stated, you can also use your reward credits instead of cash to pay for food in participating restaurants at CET properties. I think you just have to let cashier know that you want to pay with points.

6. aaisack

aaisack VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    20k in points equals about $33 worth of food (600 points = 1 dollar at Boyd owned restaurants).

7. 1LuckyMomma

1LuckyMomma High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Okay, I guess I'll try to pay with points this time. Thanks!

8. aaisack

aaisack VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just make sure to ask if you're doing something other than the buffet. TGI Fridays will likely allow you to pay with points, but the conversion rate will be 1000 = 1 dollar. They're not owned by Boyd..

9. 1LuckyMomma

1LuckyMomma High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Okay. Any disadvantages to paying with points? Does it lower tier status? I'm almost to Sapphire level but not sure what all that entails.

10. aaisack

aaisack VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    No disadvantages. Just make sure to use them during a gambling day, otherwise your daily average will be affected. Sapphire is good for 2x points earned from gambling. I'm also a Sapphire with Boyd.

11. 1LuckyMomma

1LuckyMomma High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Awesome! Thanks.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.