1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Benefits for applying for Vegas credit card?

Discussion in 'Las Vegas for the Frugal (not Cheap)' started by jovegas, Oct 7, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jovegas

jovegas Tourist

At one time I remember reading about if you apply for a certain credit card you get a vegas reward such as buffet of buffet 24 hour meal deal or ?
    Is this deal, or another one, available at this time?
    Thanks in advance for any info.
    Jo

2. dfalk

dfalk VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Total Rewards Visa
    https://www.totalrewards.com/content/cet-tr/en/earn-and-redeem/with-tr-alliances/tr-visa.html

All the benefits are listed on the site. I signed up for it and the 2 biggest perks for me were $100 in rewards credits, and Platinum status. Being platinum means you don't have to pay resort fees which can easily save you $20+ dollars a night and you get to skip some lines.

You use to be able to get 2 24 Hour buffet of buffet passes, but they got rid of that and now you get 2 tickets to the High Roller.

3. cjohnson202

cjohnson202 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I really wish they'd make this available to Canadians, I'd be all over this.

4. bobby jones

bobby jones VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have been curious as to applying for a US credit card using a US address for a Canadian with no US credit history and what would happen...not that I would personally try it as somewhere in the twenty pages of small print I am sure it states one must be a US resident but....

I have a NY address just across the Niagara river for US shipments that become a PITA to send across the border via post or courier.

5. Tree DA

Tree DA High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Looks like a good deal. I'm not sure how total rewards works...does 10,000 reward credits equate to the $100 cash? And can this be used at any venue on the property like restaurants, show tickets, rooms, etc?

6. Auggie

Auggie Dovahkiin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes, 10,000 TCs is $100

1 TC is worth $0.01

And you can use the rewards credits at most places. There might be some retail stores that don't take them but for things like show tickets, rooms and most bars and restaurants they will accept TCs as payment

7. zignerlv

zignerlv VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    No! Not $100 cash. $100 comp. If you want to turn it into freeplay its $50 freeplay, but you cannot turn the points into cash.

8. Nick61

Nick61 MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:

I clicked on the link, and could not find the benefit of "No Resort Fees". Are you sure that's one of the features?

9. Fligster

Fligster VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It's not a feature of the card, but a perk of being total Rewards platinum that you get from the card the first year ( although mine was extended a year for some reason)

10. dfalk

dfalk VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:

Exactly

Total Rewards Visa = Platinum
    Platinum = no resort fees.

11. dmr

dmr Registered Abuser

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If I read it correctly, it's only Platinum for a year. When you're already Platinum for this year it doesn't really add much.

12. Aces and Eights

Aces and Eights VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I
    "TC" is a tier credit which applies to tier level of the Total Rewards membership, Gold, Platinum, Diamond, or Seven Stars.

"RC" is a reward credit where each 100 point is worth $1 in resort comps.

You probably already knew this, but I just wanted to iterate that you meant "RC" instead of "TC."

13. dfalk

dfalk VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That I have no idea about.

I do know that I got more then a year of being platinum though, as well as many others here. Mine got extended 6 months giving me a total of 18 months.

14. Nick61

Nick61 MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thank you very much for your reply. We're gonna get this card.

15. 16gauge

16gauge Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Besides the things mentioned by earlier replies, another advantage is that each time you use the credit card, your six month expiration on your TR points resets - very handy for people who cannot get to Vegas more than once every year or two. The card also has no annual fee.

16. dfalk

dfalk VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My points were about to expire about 3 weeks before I'll be back in Vegas, filled up my tank with the card and got them extended. It would of sucked to lose $70 in reward credits.

17. That Don Guy

That Don Guy Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It is extended based on how much you use the card. I use it quite a bit (at least $500/month), and had my Platinum status extended - I think it was for a year.

18. Fligster

Fligster VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    i don't think this is why. I charged a total of less than $30 (2 transactions) to get the initial signup bonus and haven't charged since, but got platinum extended for a year.

19. Username

Username VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    SORRY to say this is NO LONGER the case........Platinum now must pay resort fees.....the resort fees waived are for Diamond and above.

20. j52chips

j52chips Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You are correct. Approximately a month ago CET raised the resort fee to $25 across the board for everyone except Diamond & 7 stars

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.