1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

CET Platinum

Discussion in 'Comps' started by Tank45, Oct 20, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tank45

Tank45 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Is it really that hard to get Platinum level in a day or so playing penny slots at $1-2 a pull for 7-8 hours.

2. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Not sure if that was a comment or question.

But, it is not that hard to get Gold in two days with bonus structure.

3. The Equalizer

The Equalizer Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Gold is pretty easy without gambling since that is the base level platinum is not hard to get depending but at 1-2 a spin 7-8 hours a day it will take a few days likely to reach it but it's not that hard at that level. It really depends on how much you have to play with you can expect to lose a couple grand if you don't run well to make it.

4. Tank45

Tank45 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Got it, thanks

5. Jordan

Jordan Caveman

Trips to Las Vegas:
    awesome... very informative thread...LOL

6. Aces and Eights

Aces and Eights VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    To get to Platinum in a day you basically have to get 2,500 tier credits. That will earn you an extra 5,000 bonus tier credits for a total of 7,500. That will actually put you at half-way to Diamond.

For slots $5 coin-in gets you 1 tier credit. So you need $12.5k of coin-in. If you lose 10 percent of it, it is $1,250.

For VP it's $10 coin-in per tier credit. But the better payout machines will give a house edge of only a couple percent using correct strategy. So for $25k of coin-in to get you 2,500 actual tier credits + 5,000 bonus tier credits = 7,500 tier credits in one day (BTW, Platinum is 5,000 tier credits), you may lose a few hundred dollars on average. But of course variance with such a small number of samples will be fairly large. The same is true for slots.

7. Aces and Eights

Trips to Las Vegas:
    More calculations:
    At $2 per spin it would require 6,250 spins. If you had a spin every 5 seconds, you would have to do this for 8 hours 41 minutes non-stop.

8. Auggie

Auggie Dovahkiin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You would need more than 7-8 hours at $1-2 per pull:

To get Platinum in one day you need 2500 TCs, which is $12,500 coin through on slots (you need 5000 TCs for Platinum and if you earn 2500 TCs in a day they will give you bonus TCs that will put you over the amount you need)

At $1 per spin that will need 12,500 spins... at $2 per spin that would need 6,250 spins

Assuming you are playing heavily, but allowing for some moving from machine to machine during the day, going to the restroom, getting some food, etc then you can expect to average around 600 spins per hour... so you are going to need somewhere in the range of 10 to 21 hours of play to get Platinum in a day at that level of betting.

9. exds

exds Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Or, if you use two cards you could roughly cut that time in half.

10. tringlomane

tringlomane STP Addicted Beer Snob

Trips to Las Vegas:
    CET's penny slots are likely closer to 13% house edge, not 10%. Penny slots are probably the worst choice for DIAD from a results perspective.

11. Aces and Eights

Trips to Las Vegas:
    True, maybe even 15 percent. Forgot it was penny.

12. Tahoejoe2

Tahoejoe2 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I can get Platinum in one day without putting any money in a slot?
    Just fill out the Visa application. :)

13. Tank45

Tank45 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'll pack my Depends. Shouldn't be a problem, lol. I'm not going to play just to get it, but I was just curious about real world application. Thanks for all the info!

14. VegasChic-

VegasChic- VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Platinum does become valuable in vegas as most places include the line cuts with the diamond members.

of course everything is "slot God willing", but here was the method I used just to take care of the points I wanted. The issue with the $2 per spin is its VERY time consuming. I'd throw $100 in a wonder 4 machine and play at 4.80 per spin, if I was at all over my initial, then I'd up it to $8.00 per spin. If I was losing, I'd drop it down to 3.60 a spin, but didn't bother to go lower. Once I was back over I'd up the bets at the determined levels. This worked well as on one machine you can adjust the bet as needed, but can get at least a point per spin. It was fairly quick to get 1000 points in a day for the 1000 bonus, which would get platinum in 3 days.
    Also found willy wonka a good machine too since the max bet was higher-
    Good luck!

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.