1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Got my first Cosmo offer after a recent stay - Wow!

Discussion in 'Comps' started by simonay, Oct 11, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. simonay

simonay Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I stayed in September for what turned into 8 days, 4 via priceline and 4 via comps.

Just received an email welcoming me to Identity and an offer to come back before xmas, it seems almost too good to be true!

3 free nights, $400 in dining credit and $1800 in identity play.

If i don't take up this offer is the next one likely to be equally generous or do they aim higher in the first mailer to see how enticeable you are?

Realistically with 1800 in identity play, i think i'd spend the three days just cycling through that, not to hit and run but because thats a lot of cash to spend on penny slots!

Thoughts and experiences anyone?

2. PayTriple

PayTriple VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Wow! Great offer.
    How much did you play in your eight days trip?
    The offer should still be the same with respect to the free nights and dining credits but the identity play may change.
    The best way to find out is to get a host and ask.
    PM me if you want the name of my terrific host.

3. simonay

simonay Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I guess i obviously played quite a bit... I was mainly playing $1-4$ a spin for about 5-6 hours per day on the penny slots, overall i think i probably lost c$3000 over that time period but had the rooms comped over the weekend and plenty of food and drinks knocked off the final bill.

I do have a host there on account of this recent trip, he's wasn't particularly transparent with the numbers and he doesn't often respond to emails but i don't know you should normally expect.... I suppose its probably difficult to switch from one host to another at the same property

4. PayTriple

PayTriple VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You are the boss, so if you want to change hosts I'm sure it will happen.

5. simonay

simonay Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Very true, PM Sent

6. KingBBInLV

KingBBInLV High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I stayed at Cosmo on a 2 night comp offer in August, lost about $2500-$3000 playing 90% penny machines and 10% video poker.

Probably logged about 8-10 hours a day playing. When I checked out I had like $9 in comps that I could apply to the bill (chandelier bar and some food). My follow up offer that I received a week after I got back is for another 2 nights and $45 in Identity play!

Would really love to know what it takes to get a higher freeplay offer from them. I thought I was the king of comps from my 12 years that I lived in Vegas but I must be doing something wrong at Cosmo.

7. PayTriple

PayTriple VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    What did your host say about your play?

8. Ade87

Ade87 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That pretty much matches my play exactly and my offer is 3 nights and $205 FP.

9. simonay

simonay Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    So you're saying after all that play they only took $9 off the room charges? That sounds like your leftover identity points rather than what the host would have done...

Someone on a separate thread came back with a calculation that playing this kind of level generates $45 an hour in comps (as a real rough estimate) so if you played at that kind of level for that kind of timeframe then you should have had a much better offer.

This thread helps me realise i should probably take this offer up as i'm unlikely to get a similarly good offer next time.

The things affecting my number could be:-

I might have lost more than $3k haha (certainly no more than $4k)
    I got a couple of handpays along the way so i didn't need to turn it down much
    I'm from the UK so maybe they know they need more to convince me to fly 11 hours
    With prepaying for the first four nights i was probably undercomped on the trip, couldn't think of ways to spend the comps :)
    It's my first offer, maybe more generous than normal?

10. Iamrice

Iamrice High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That should cover your expenses for the trip.

11. Ade87

Ade87 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you had a couple of handpays with a $3k/$4k loss then I bet your coin In was quite significant which is reflected in your offer. I lost the same amount but with no win bigger than $200 in 7 days. (I know, sucks to be me lol) - I'm also from the UK by the way.

My recent offer is actually the best of 3 I've received since my first trip last November so I don't think first time offer has anything to do with it.

My advice, grab it with both hands and book asap! :D

12. simonay

simonay Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yeah it started really badly on the first night, down about $700 within 5-6 hours and then hit an oompah loompah bonus for about $1570...

Later in the week though i figured the wonder four machines with buffalo/pompeii games were pretty good fun, quite social and lower variance.

Iron Man, Airplane and Goldfish were killers though...

Thanks for your info!

13. lithelady

lithelady Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Great offer.

Regardless of what you LOST, the computation is based on what you put through the machines. In 8 days, with a few hand pays etc, it might have been $15,000 or $20,000.

My last trip to Cosmo was lose, lose, lose on every machine. So tho I lost just slightly less than you did during my two night stay, I lost it fast. typically playing $3-$5 per spin. I only got about 3000 Identity points for the whole time, which means I put $4500 thru the machines. It's just the bad-luck blues. My next offer was for $80 in free play, no food.

Still, I like Cosmo, like the gambling atmosphere etc. I'll be back there next week, to try to win big. Send me best thoughts for a lucky trip.

14. simonay

simonay Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Wishing you lots and lots of luck then!

What are your favourite slots there out of interest?

I did get gold in about 5 days so thats a fair few idendity points from scratch...

15. BayouBengal

BayouBengal VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I start singing if I play Ghostbusters or Back To The Future. And sometimes ask for "titties and beer" playing Beer Haus. They're money sucks though.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.