1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Allegiant boarding question

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by FullBoat, Oct 10, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FullBoat

FullBoat VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This is the first time I'm going to be taking Allegiant, and I have a question. I know most people have the general boarding, but I pre-paid for an assigned seat. Will I be able to board before the general group? Or will I have to worry about forcing someone out of my seat if they get there fist? Even if it is a bit of a hassle, can't beat the price for a direct flight.

2. jackincols

jackincols Guest

I can only take Allegiant out of Roanoke to FL (Tampa/St. Pete) so I can only tell you how they do it here. Even general boarding passengers, those that didn't pay for a seat, are assigned a seat when they either check in online or at the airport, so someone taking your seat shouldn't be an issue.

That said, you should still be boarding ahead of those that didn't pay for a seat.

3. jackincols

jackincols Guest

Oh, and I sure as hell wish Allegiant flew to Vegas out of Roanoke, even if it meant connecting flights. Still would beat fares to Vegas by a mile of the airlines that fly to Vegas out of Roanoke now.

4. bjpcyclone

bjpcyclone High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yep, everyone gets assigned a seat so you will not be fighting anyone. You will board with everyone else in your boarding group and not ahead of time.

5. Iamrice

Iamrice High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This is the opposite of what happened to my sweetie when she flew with them in August.

She was given an exit row when she checked in (didn't buy a seat ahead of time) and when she got on the plane she was told to sit anywhere.

I'd be pissed if I paid extra to "sit anywhere"

6. dfalk

dfalk VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Normally everyone is assigned a seat but my last Allegiant flight they had some computer glitch where no one was assigned a seat, not even the people that paid for them. I still got the seat I paid for but a guy a few rows infront of me didn't. I thought he was gonna cry over a seat but he ended up getting it.

7. TIMSPEED

TIMSPEED Money’s on the way, with CashNetUSA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've flown three times with Allegiant,and never paid for an "assigned" seat, and I've always gotten to sit next to my wife (our seats are usually a row apart when purchased together, but we simply ask people if they'll trade, and they always do)

8. dfalk

dfalk VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I usually always buy a seat. It's better when your sitting next to your buddy pounding mini bottles. On the return flight I have to have an exit seat so I'm comfortable and can sleep off my hangover.

9. FullBoat

FullBoat VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The only reason I wanted an assigned seat is so I could get a bit more leg room on the exit row. I was in a pretty bad car wreck and my knee/ankle don't like being cramped up for too long. Guess I could always beat someone out of my seat with my cane.

10. TIMSPEED

TIMSPEED Money’s on the way, with CashNetUSA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    never had a problem trading seats...jusy like a city bus in the sky..sit next to yours friends, and be polite if you wanna trade.

11. dfalk

dfalk VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Suppose I could do that on the way down there but I doubt anyone would trade me their fancy exit row seat.

12. moefoe81

moefoe81 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I usually fly Allegiant from Bellingham to Las Vegas. If you paid for your seat you will get that seat. You can only board the plane before the general public if you buy priority boarding. Otherwise they will load you by "Zone" I never buy a seat, I just check in online and get assigned a seat. You will always sit beside the person you book your itinerary with. I don't ever pay for priority boarding because to me it doesn't matter to me if I am on the plane first or last because its not going to leave until its schedule time, however my friend will always book priority boarding so he's the first group of people on the plane.

Ernie

13. FullBoat

FullBoat VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I never got the priority boarding either. It's not like they are going to close the door while people are at the door. But I guess it makes putting your stuff up a bit easier.

14. MTMONGO

MTMONGO High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just flew Allegiant got home last night. Here is the deal, if you do not have carry on you will board zones 2 & 3. if you paid for carry on it zones 4-6. I had carry on and wife didn't she was zone 2 and I was zone 5 both flights. We did pay for exit row seats so we set together.

15. USCHawks

USCHawks High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I too just flew home last night with Allegiant and the last few posts are correct. They will board the people that need help (wheelchairs, etc.) and those that paid for priority boarding first. Then they'll work thru the zones and you will board there, whether you paid for an assigned seat or not. Being that I'm 6'5 I always pay the money to get an exit row seat and on 6 round trip flights I've never had a problem with anybody taking my seat.

On one of the flights I know that they let the people who didn't pay for a seat sit wherever they wanted as long as it wasn't taken by a person who paid for an assigned seat. I only know this because I had a friend who happened to be on the same flight home and he was able to sit on the other side of the aisle from me.

16. FullBoat

FullBoat VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Guess this is kind of related. It looks like Allegiant boards in Terminal 1 according to the airport website. Is this right?

17. bjpcyclone

bjpcyclone High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This hasn't been true for me the previous 2 or 3 Allegiant flights. They usually put my wife and I in the same seat one row ahead or behind (ie. I'm 7A and she is 8A). We figured they do this to try and get more people to purchase seats.

18. bluesdude

bluesdude VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We fly out of RFD occasionally and purchase our seats. The planes that fly out are usually MD-80, 5 seats across, 2 seats on the left, 3 on the right. We prefer to sit together so we always get the 2 seats on the left. This way if we need to get up, we are not bugging anyone else to let us out. We have never had an issue with anyone taking our seats.

Dead & Co with my son! June 4 or 5th - June 8th
  19. dfalk

dfalk VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'd say this has been true for a good 2 or 3 years.

20. moefoe81

moefoe81 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Weird, my gf and I have been going to vegas together for the pass 3yrs and we have never bought seats but book on the same itinerary and always sat with each other. Same with friends of mine that book on the same itinerary.

Ernie

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.