1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Mlife site quoting "special" member prices that are above rack rate

Discussion in 'Comps' started by NeoDough, Sep 10, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NeoDough

NeoDough Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I was on the MLife site today looking for rooms a few months out. Logged in and so on. (Noir, FWIW.)

The site usually lists the regular price, with a strikethrough and then the "Mlife price" which is generally substantially lower (depending on dates of course.)

Today it's showing the regular price with a strikethrough and then a higher "Mlife" member price. For example, here's a quote for Vdara:

[​IMG]

For kicks, I went over to Vdara's site and for the same dates it quoted me the lower "regular" price.

Anyone else seeing this or is it just something happening on my account?

2. VDMTom

VDMTom Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    mine are currently lower.

Example, $179 discounted to $135 for Deluxe suite Nov 5-8. Which I still believe is shitty for a player that has Platinum through gambling. Shake my head..

3. Kolmeseiska

Kolmeseiska Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've got it as well for some dates. Which dates are you looking, NeoDough?

4. NeoDough

NeoDough Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Trying various dates in early March, around March Madness and so on. That's not why we're going, but that surely is putting a dent in capacity. ;)

Just find it weird that they're apparently asking us loyal customers to pay a premium.

I'm not very concerned about it, it'll all probably end up comped anyway, but I prefer to find and book the room(s) I want on my own, and then let a host know about the reservations as the date gets a little closer. (This is because I have not had particularly great experiences with some of the host staff at my preferred hotels. But that's another story.)

5. Hobofrank

Hobofrank Prime Minister of Idiocracy

Trips to Las Vegas:
    RUFKM:grrr:?, so glad I'm staying at cosmo and ceasars next 2 trips, I'll check tomorrow but that's bs

6. Chuck2009x

Chuck2009x VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yeah I see the same thing for Vdara in March, although the prices I see are not higher, they're just the same as rack rate. All the other hotels I looked at have the normal discount.

Just keep checking until they fix it. There's no reason Vdara wouldn't offer the proper discount, other than a glitch. It's not "March Madness Central" or anything.

7. dannyocean

dannyocean High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This happens way too often. They're always getting wonky results from their web site. They really could improve this. I mean, seriously ...

8. Jordan

Jordan Caveman

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Blows me away that when an MLife Noir player logs into the site a huge message doesn't appear...

"Come stay whenever you want/wherever you want for FREE" ...

@ 100k THEO for Noir, I think they should let the player choose whatever they want. We all know that CET and Mlife have a different philosophy when it comes to COMPS, but I'm never quoted anything but "COMP" on my CET rate calendar, regardless of hotel/room, and that's the way it should be for top tier gamblers!

Shame on you MLife!

9. Hurr1cane310

Hurr1cane310 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This really bugs me. I dont have the play to get a host and like booking things myself instead of calling, but the mlife sight basically makes this impossible. On CET's rate calendar I can see exactly what I can get comped at all times. Really wish mlife would get on top of this.

10. heatherlovesvegas

heatherlovesvegas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Their website is so dumb but hey it can work in your favor.. I just booked a room for a nearly sold out weekend and saved $942.. LOL. All my dates were like $450 crossed out and it said $56... on a weekend.

Always look at those "summer offers" they send you, I've booked spectacular deals several times this year.

If you logged on to Vdara's actual website, what would the price be?

11. RockyBalboa

RockyBalboa Front Line Winner

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The MLife site sucks...you'd think at some point one of the brainiac IT guys they have working there would push them to upgrade and fix it

12. harveyd63

harveyd63 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you think thats bad try the Mlife android app

13. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    And, if you think that is bad, try getting something done at checkin or the mlife desk. I wonder how many millions of dollars MGM chucks down the drain because their people can not get any work done with their terrible systems. Seems like maybe they are using dial up or something.

14. Aces and Eights

Aces and Eights VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It reminds me of a time when I wanted to rent a car a long time ago. They told me it was $29.99 a day. I told them I worked for a company that had a corporate discount with them. They were happy to tell me that it was then $39.99 a day. And it wasn't due to insurance since our company has their own corporate insurance, and we turn down all rental car company insurance on car rentals.

15. fenway68

fenway68 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My buddy just got a better single night rate at Harrah's then I could get with my TR card on their site....he beat my rate by $25...not alot, but still

16. Chuck2009x

Chuck2009x VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That can happen when they're having a big sale, like they have a 40% off promo going now. 40% off is cheaper than what your play qualifies for. Sometimes in that situation the website will automatically apply the promo and sometimes it doesn't.

I've also found that when I can get 5 comped nights at Caesars, but I want to stay 7, the comp gets applied to the first 5 nights and then the last 2 are at full rack rate. So I booked the 5 comp nights using my TR number and then booked the last 2 nights without being logged in, at 40% off, and it was $100 less than I would have paid.

17. Bo333

Bo333 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Late at night their computers were down, lady at the check-in desk says it faster to do it by paper than use the computers. Now that is just sad!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.