1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Best chance to get upgraded - November or December?

Discussion in 'LV Strip Hotels' started by Bluskies, Sep 22, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bluskies

Bluskies Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hi, I listed this in the Aria Corner Suites thread but didn't get a reply and that thread is starting to head down the list.

There are two dates I am looking at, hoping it would be a quieter time for the hotel and more chance for an upgrade from a Deluxe Room to a Corner Suite:

Wed., Dec. 17 and Thurs., Dec. 18: obviously, this would be the week before Christmas but I have read that visitors to the city drop in December. I checked out some MLife rates, and the Deluxe Room rate is $95 a night. A Corner Suite would be $200 a night, a Corner City View would be $220 a night, and a Corner Panoramic would be $240 a night.

Mon., Nov. 24 and Tues., Nov. 25: this falls at the beginning of the Thanksgiving week (Thanksgiving is Thursday). The room rate for a Deluxe drops to $87 a night, but, oddly, the prices of Corner Suites go up...Corner Suite is $200 a night (same as Dec.), Corner City View goes up to $240, and Corner Panoramic increases to $280.

There is one thing that is good about November and that is other MyVegas rewards would be good to use, and not in blackout periods like the Dec dates. However, the Corner Suite is my ultimate goal, no matter which date, so that would be the deciding factor over all others.

Each of the offers for the two-day stay also has $140 in resort credit, so a Deluxe room would work out to $17 a night for Nov (plus resort fees - drat! - and taxes), and $25 a night in Dec. (plus the rf and taxes).
    I would like to get your advice.

Last edited: Sep 23, 2014
  2. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Personally, I would just book the corner suite and hope for an upgrade. But, that is just me. Just about everyone that walks up to the desk wants an upgrade. Guess how many actually get one? After all, there are only a limited number of suites vs regular rooms. Simple math.

Wait - maybe half get an upgrade - but I call those fake upgrades. Higher floor, city view, etc.

3. Bluskies

Bluskies Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Actually, I was hoping to get an upgrade from a Deluxe room to a Corner Suite.

4. heatherlovesvegas

heatherlovesvegas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Well, if you book that you better make sure you are happy with the deluxe room... and personally for $95, I think you could do better than the deluxe room at Aria on those dates.

I mean for example you could have your pick of large remodeled suites at MGM Grand for under $70..

https://reservations.mgmmirage.com/bookingengine.aspx?pid=001&host=promo&show=rates&code=MGBKAHD25&kbid=1162904&sub=ITUDZ!WU!MGBKAHD25!US!NOFV!NS

Yea most people get like nostesshere said "fake upgrades" a view or something... besides a number of things could happen, crabby agent, boss is behind them.. it's really busy... besides, corner suite is a pretty HUGE upgrade to expect. It's possible they will send you an email asking if you want to upgrade for a smaller fee.

I went around the 17th/18th last year and it was dead. Lots of stuff was closed, remodeling, cleaning... fairly safe to say that could be a good time... but I still think it's too big of an upgrade to expect.

5. wishman35

wishman35 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:

Those December nights fall into where a lot of the restaurants close I believe. I would assume those would be quieter. I am going on those November nights - Cosmo is as cheap as it gets so I am hoping they offer a Wraparound at a decent upcharge but in the end, I will probably pocket that money for gambling or drinking.

As usual it also depends on the person you get at the desk.

6. RC

RC Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Speaking of rooms only, the best time to get the best rates is after the rodeo is over and before Christmas. For this year I think that would be approx. from Dec 14th thru about the 23rd. This would probably give you the best chance for a room upgrade, but as you know you have to look into whether or not your favorite restaurant(s) and/or show(s) are dark during the dates that you select.

7. Bluskies

Bluskies Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I should have mentioned the deal includes a $140 resort credit, so basically it brings the rooms down to $25 a night plus resort fees and taxes.

8. bardolator

bardolator Lifelong Low Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The week before Christmas is a great time to score discounts and upgrades.

9. RM777

RM777 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Definitely!

10. Bluskies

Bluskies Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Would the upgrade be possible if it is booked through MLife?

11. bardolator

bardolator Lifelong Low Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Can't answer that. Haven't used MLife. Have not stayed at Aria. However, at various times I have done it at the desk, over the phone, and by email with a host.

12. Bluskies

Bluskies Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Well, I'll just cross my fingers that I will get an email prior title trip for an upgrade discount or just try at the desk.

13. xmarksx

xmarksx VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I would go with the best deal you can book at this time and continue to check rates at two or three properties you are interested, including Aria. Rebook if the prices go down. Plan on the rooms pretty much locking in price about 30 days out of your trip. Assume the one that has dropped the most is the property with the lowest occupancy. I would also check the $20 thread for the highest percentage of the properties you are interested.

14. heatherlovesvegas

heatherlovesvegas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Ok with that I would do it. I liked the standard room there, but it wasn't anything THAT special. I meant for $50 you could get a really nice standard room somewhere else. But that resort credit would help! As they have a lot of amazing amenities and restaurants.

Yep. That's when I went last year. It wasn't desolate or anything, but stuff definitely was closed and almost all the shows seemed to be dark. Overall though, this year seems a lot busier in general, so you never know.. also because the rates are so low, it does attract a lot of people.

15. Bluskies

Bluskies Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've decided on the November dates for the Aria because of so many Cirque shows being dark during the Dec dates. And it turns out the Deluxe room was even cheaper in November...$87, as opposed to $95...so that means with the $140 resort credit, it works out to about $17 per night plus resort fee and taxes. Just added my timer below.

16. chonglosaxon

chonglosaxon MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Bingo! It is slow in Vegas then and that is international time of the year. Brush up on your arabic, farsi and hebrew.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.