1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Cosmo comps question. Maybe silly.

Discussion in 'Comps' started by Dancemom, Aug 22, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dancemom

Dancemom Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I am here at the Cosmo on a 2 night comp that I honestly don't think I deserve after only playing here 2 years ago for the lose $100 promotion. I am a low roller but I've been doing well and have racked up over 2000 in Identity points since being here (I had zero when I started). I check out tomorrow and wondering if my points are worthy of asking for any of my room charges be looked at before checking out in the morning. Thanks in advance!

2. symbols

symbols Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    2k in points (no multiplier) in two days is enough to ask for back in comps at Cosmo. Don't checkout with the front desk, go to the host desk before checking out and ask. It's not going to hurt anything and will only take a minute.

3. Ade87

Ade87 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    What's that about $1350 coin in approx? For 2 days work I would say it's well worth a shot.

4. tringlomane

tringlomane STP Addicted Beer Snob

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Doesn't hurt to ask, but I wouldn't expect much.

Kicking off the Trip with Two New Hotels to Us!!!
  5. mephisto2000

mephisto2000 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It's 1 point per $1.50 coin-in so about $3000 coin-in. It looks like you divided by 1.5 instead of multiplying.

6. chonglosaxon

chonglosaxon MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    All they can say is no. Go for it.

7. Jordan

Jordan Caveman

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If that kind of coin in gets you anything I'll officially know why when I checked out they asked if I needed a LIMO ride anywhere. haha!

Please report back!

8. BayouBengal

BayouBengal VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Don't forget you can spend your points to help with room charges as well. Based on your coin in they'll probably give you around $100 in back end comps. The 2000 points is worth $20 in comps or $20 in identity play. It wouldn't be unreasonable to see another 2 night sun-thurs offer in the future.

9. CaptainJack

CaptainJack Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'd estimate your coin-in is worth about $50 in comps. If they deduct your room offer from your comp balance then you are in the negative. As others said, it doesn't hurt to ask. However, I don't think it'll get you anything. You might want to play off your identity points before speaking to the host so they don't use those and then give you $20 off your bill.

10. Dancemom

Dancemom Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    They took $23 off my room charges. I am hoping to get another offer. Loved it there!

11. Ade87

Ade87 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:

Yep,t hanks, makes sense!
    What were your room charges out of interest? I'm assuming you had more than $23?

12. Dancemom

Dancemom Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    All I had was dinner for 2 at the Wicked Spoon. And I also didn't pay resort fees on the comped room, which surprised me. I still don't know why I was sent this offer because I hadn't played here for 2 years, and then it was just to take advantage of the lose $100 promo. When we checked in I didn't expect to get it, but I thought I'd ask for a view of the Bellagio fountains, and not only did I get a City Room with a view of the Bellagio fountains but also a high floor (52). That blew my mind.

13. smartone

smartone VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Glad to hear it sounds like the Cosmo folks treated you well.

14. pphold

pphold pp Park Place Degenerate

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Good for you Dancemom Glad to see you had a good time.

since you had the gallbladder attack. Glad you was able to have a nice room and time at the Cosmo.

15. Dancemom

Dancemom Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks! Trip report is being put up tonight. :)

16. BayouBengal

BayouBengal VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I enjoyed the TR report. And glad to see you liked the Cosmo. If you stay there again I highly recommend a room with a terrace. It's what makes Cosmo rooms shine. I've stayed in a City Room as well as a Terrace Studio and Terrace 1 Bedroom, the terrace is a nice upgrade.

17. KingBBInLV

KingBBInLV High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    A few weeks ago I stayed at Cosmo for 2 nights on a comp offer. I hardly ever play there but decided to take the room. I wound up getting a 1 bedroom terrace suite with a great view towards City Center/MGM.

I racked up around 8500 points over the 2 days. I used them for Identity play. In total I lost about $2000 all on machines. When I checked out I asked the girl to call and see if I can get some charges taken off ($185 bar bill at Chandelier). She called and said they could take a grand total of $9 off my bill. I laughed at her and said keep sending me the room offers, I'll keep using them and play somewhere else. 2 days after I got back I got another mailed offer for 2 more free nights.

18. wishman35

wishman35 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sounds like they probably just used your Identity points to take those charges off.. If you were around 2300 points it would explain it.

19. simonay

simonay Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hey everyone, interesting reading on this thread... i arrived at cosmo this sunday night and i'm checking out tomorrow. Got a room via priceline, there are no resort fees on the account and i've racked up 14000 identity points over the past few days mainly on slots.

Went to the host desk yesterday and they said they could add an extra night and come back to take care of some of the charges but i wondered what i should be expecting? I can't really add another night with flights and everything so i don't know if i should spend the identity points before going to the host desk or what? I've got about $170 on room charges so far so i don't want to go crazy racking things up if they are just going to take off the existing identity points balance.

So your best guess on ballpark fees waived from the bill and whether or not i should spend all of my identity points before seeing the host later today would be greatly appreciated. Happy to report back the outcome...

20. neuroboy

neuroboy Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If they were willing to offer an extra night, I would guess that you have at least a couple hundred of comps they could apply to your bill. Especially since you came in on priceline, and not a comped room offer.

I would try and convert those identity points to cash as best you can before seeing the host, because if you leave them there, they will take it and apply it to your bill. If you convert it first, you may have a little extra cash to take home with you.

The one time I left several hundred dollars worth of points on when checking out...my host zeroed it before I remembered to try and cash it out. Whoops.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.