1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Playing RAZZ

Discussion in 'The Poker Room' started by FrenchMan, Sep 7, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FrenchMan

FrenchMan Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'd like to know where you can play 7 cards razz in LV... And at what limit ?
    Thanks in advance for your answears

2. sindustry

sindustry VIP Whale

I think you will need to play a mixed game to be able to play Razz. I know Aria used to have a mixed gane, but I think it has moved to Bellagio.

3. Sinatraatthesands

Sinatraatthesands Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You can find horse or maybe another mix game that includes razz. Just razz your not going to find, hard to believe isn't it.

4. carolineno

carolineno VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have heard that TI sometimes has a 3/6 mixed game on Sunday. They seem to update their twitter feed (TIpokerLV) regarding such things, and you can always call. If it doesn't pan out you can always cross the street and play regular nlhe at the Venetian. Soft room :ssst:

Ladies getaway, somewhere on the strip with a pool :)
  5. FrenchMan

FrenchMan Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yep, it's hard to believe that there are no 7 cards razz tables ...but in mix games...Whereas there is a 1,500$ WSOP just 7 cards razz
    Thanks for your answears

6. Sinatraatthesands

Sinatraatthesands Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:

That game fell apart more than 2 years ago.

7. undathesea

undathesea Grandissimo

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I wouldn't call the Venetian a soft room. Tons of pros play in that room. There's always been at least one at every table I've played at. It's a great room because there's always a game... but I wouldn't characterize it as soft. There are much softer room around the strip.

8. sindustry

sindustry VIP Whale

I agree...i sometimes play the 15/30 h/l game there and it is one of the toughest h/l games i have played in.

9. carolineno

carolineno VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Well it was soft for me at 3 am. I know it's reputation but I had a good night. Mostly I was trying to get someone's goat, thus the emoticon :eek: I knew it would work. Sorry for the confusion....:wink2:

Ladies getaway, somewhere on the strip with a pool :)
  10. Da_Nit

Da_Nit Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I would love to play a low limit Razz game. Maybe a $1-$5 spread with no ante. That being said there's 0 chance of finding it spread anywhere in town. Heck it's almost almost impossible to find a stud game spread anywhere.

I recommend maybe starting a post at a poker site like 2+2 to see if you can get an interest list going. You get enough people you can call around to a few rooms to see if they'll spread it.

11. FrenchMan

FrenchMan Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I guess playing poker is tough in LV because many pros are there. I have some doubts that in the Venitian this is soft at 3am.. The graveyard is usually the pro's best field...
    So apparently besides the WSOP there are no much way to play 7 cards razz around...
    For information, in France you can only play hold'em NL and Omaha NL... No horse, lowball, limit, or razz games

12. Nick61

Nick61 MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Don't know where to find a Razz game, sorry.

But I still remember the heated razz games at the Mirage years ago.

I remember being there once when they had to call security, due to 2 guys basically jumping over the table at each other. One Asian dude seemed to live at the table 24 by 7--the man was ALWAYS there. Sometimes I wondered if he took bathroom and meal breaks.

13. TheMotherOfAllDBs

TheMotherOfAllDBs Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    When played well, Razz has very low variance. Eventually, the fish stop playing, because their losses are so predictable. Thus the lack of a game. Maybe Gardena.

14. tringlomane

tringlomane STP Addicted Beer Snob

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yeah that was roughly its peak, but TI does run it sporadically still. I was playing to try play it this past Sunday, but I played 4/8 mix at Aria on early Sat. morning and played until 12 noon instead...:eek: I think the TI game still ran that night, but only for a few hours. :( The TI game has razz, but it's only one of about 10 games. A game that is straight up razz is impossible to find. The game with the most razz action is the Orleans HORSE tourney.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.