1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

MyVegas Mirage and MGM buffet where are thou?

Discussion in 'MyVegas' started by lovetotravel, Aug 30, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lovetotravel

lovetotravel Low-Roller

I don't see the Mirage and MGM buffet listed anymore. Any know why and if they will return?

2. RockyBalboa

RockyBalboa Front Line Winner

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That's weird - I just got the Mirage buffet a couple days ago and even saw it listed last night (but sold out)

3. g8rb8k8

g8rb8k8 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm sure they are in their dressing room getting their "new look" that will include the requirement of having to stay at an MGM property in order to use them. Thats whats been going on with everything else that has disappeared (and returned) with the exception of the Aria hotel stays.

4. Blonde_4_ever

Blonde_4_ever LasVegas4ever.com

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Bellagio too. I got both 2 buffets at Bellagio and 2 buffets at Mirage PRIOR to all these new rules and I sure hope they honour them!

5. cjohnson202

cjohnson202 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    so disappointing. As a CET person, I have a feeling my MyVegas days are numbered

6. herder

herder Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I hope the Mirage dinner comes back. When do they usually reset?

7. g8rb8k8

g8rb8k8 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Blonde4ever......just make sure you print out your confirmation which has the terms on it and have it with you. I read on one of the MV sites that someone went through a big rigamarole trying to redeem buffets purchased prior to the changes and didn't have her print out. I guess after getting a mgr involved he/she finally was successful.
    It stinks, because the first thing I guess out of their mouth is they want to see room verification. Just seems like a headache having to get supervisors/managers involved, that lots of times do not understand the rules/regulations to the MV stuff. I've seen many people come back from Vegas saying they were denied their reward because the desk people don't know what is going on, and having one of the playstudios people tell them that it should have been honored.... after the fact...doesn't do much good.
    Good luck with your redemption :)

8. dbueler

dbueler High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I purchased the Excal steakhouse reward when it was $150 credit then they changed it to $50 credit if you spend $100. When I redeemed it, they said something about the reward changing, but I pointed out I had purchased it prior to the change and they happily honored it. I had my printout with me, that's very important to avoid hassles.
    diane

9. npom

npom VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I got the Aria buffet just before the changes. I had my printout with me and they honored it with no questions asked.

10. RockyBalboa

RockyBalboa Front Line Winner

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have the e-mail saved on my phone - that should suffice vs a print out right?

11. Onmyown32

Onmyown32 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    So glad my husband and I redeemed a few weeks ago for our upcoming trip. Just about each day we will have one free buffet!!

12. lovetotravel

lovetotravel Low-Roller

2 buffets missing/weekend

Did you see anything rewards that allow for 2 free dinner buffets on the weekend? Am I missing them (besides Luxor/Exc)?

Don't see Mirage or MGM. Have they gone away?

Last edited: Sep 2, 2014
  13. Comps aplenty

Comps aplenty Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm wondering this too.

14. crimsona

crimsona Tourist

Looks like Buffets have doubled in price if you're not staying, or kept the same price but requires you to be staying at a property (91 vs 182 at mgm, 280 vs 560 at Bellagio)

15. samanthaelizabeth

samanthaelizabeth Low-Roller

I was just at Mirage and the buffet sucked! The crab legs were all picked over. I think there were only 4 left, nothing of variety at all. Even their dessert section was skimp. Thank god they have that new cafe opening in a few days....Don't get me wrong, I always stay at Mirage but their food selection is not the best....

16. TimWhalen

TimWhalen Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    the 2 for 1 haven't changed it seems, just the completely free buffets. Can't say I blame them in terms of building and protecting their business.

17. vegasqc

vegasqc VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Are they still offerign the all day pass at luxor/excal i cant find it anymore, or did they remove it when excal closed their buffet

18. Blonde_4_ever

Blonde_4_ever LasVegas4ever.com

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have the confirmations all printed out and ready...but I am bracing myself for a fight.

19. joshrocker

joshrocker VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm glad I read this thread. I bought my rewards before the changes and we're not staying at a MGM property. I hadn't planned on printing the confirmations. I'll make sure I do that.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.