1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

MyVegas Monte Carlo $50 credit

Discussion in 'MyVegas' started by Corinne, Aug 27, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Corinne

Corinne Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just used this but had a hard time persuading them to accept it. Evidently the terms have changed as have the amount of points. One night minimum stay is required. However this was done in July before the change. Aria accepted the lunch buffets yesterday as they were done before with no issues. Not so at Monte Carlo. 25 minutes we were at the Players Desk arguing about it with the lady making numerous phone calls. Eventually we were handed our cards with the credit on them. It seems we are going to have problems when we want to redeem our free buffets too as we are not staying there. If anyone comes up against this and has got the reward before the change it seems you have to be quite insistent.

By the way we used it at Brand steakhouse and it was fabulous. Worth the hassle for sure but annoying they tried not to honour something that was booked, unlike Aria where it was honoured with no hesitation.

2. Readingfanman

Readingfanman Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Is that 1 night stay meant to be at MC or any MGM?

3. kevstf

kevstf Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I believe it's a MGM property

4. Readingfanman

Readingfanman Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    How are the checking this? If you stay at MGM for example and redeem at Aria, are they having to contact Aria every time? :D

5. ND80

ND80 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It's easy for them to check who's staying in the various properties. Just the same if you dine at a restaurant in Aria and what to charge it to your MGM room. Takes them no time and they don't call to verify. It's all in their system.

6. bjpcyclone

bjpcyclone High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You didn't have the Jamie (guy) at the Mlife desk, did you? I had problems redeeming my $50 FreePlay this past weekend. My reward clearly says a 3-night stay is required, he said it just changed to 4. I was staying 3 nights. I showed him the reward and he repeated said there was nothing he could do. After waiting 15 minutes in that hellhole of a line and waiting another 5 minutes so he could figure out what he was doing, I wasn't going to fight it anymore as it clearly wasn't going to work.

7. jbee

jbee Low-Roller

Thanks for the heads up Corinne..

Does this 'Jamie' person work days, afternoons or weekends? Maybe he will be on break when I and SO redeem our rewards. We also other rewards much like this one.
    Has jr7110 or anyone else found the T&C about purchase and then redeem rewards. Did anyone get to speak with a manager?

8. Corinne

Corinne Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    First she asked if we were staying at Monte Carlo. After we said no, she then asked if we were staying at any other MGM property. It seemed she would try to get out of redeeming at the first step if we had just said no and walked away thinking it wasn't valid.

9. Corinne

Corinne Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    No Jamie there, just two females, the one we had was Asian. She had a printed sheet with it on and was taking no notice of the date it was booked and just going by the new rules. You need to not take no for an answer. You should be able to use it if you have your printed copy with the old rules on it. Just insist on it. She must have made at least calls before reluctantly giving it to us. Not one smile either. Efficient but detached. The next step would have been to say we weren't accepting a no and needed to see a manager but it didn't get that far. I have a Platinum card but still had to queue in the main one and when we took up one of the two staff the queue got longer. Be persistent. It's the same as Resort Fees and if you book before they bring them in you don't pay them, this should be the same. After all I paid 62,500 LPs and now it's 35,00O for the same thing but you have to stay there. Brand did allow us to use two $50 vouchers on the same table and it was fabulous.

10. jr7110

jr7110 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My understanding is that you have to print out and bring the original email that is sent to you when you purchase a reward from MYVegas. That email has the conditions of the reward in it at the time it was purchased. If you purchased a reward from a different batch they cannot hold you to the rules of the new version of the reward since that is NOT what you purchased.

There is no reason that someone should prevent you from using a reward purchased PRIOR to the rules changing. This is clearly a case of people who are misinformed and don't know how to do their own jobs. If this should happen to you, demand to speak with the Manager and don't take no for an answer because there has to be a shift manager on duty. As long as you have a printout of the original email MyVegas sent you with the terms of the reward, they have to honor it.

11. Corinne

Corinne Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yep, that's what we had but they had it all in writing there were new conditions. I really don't think she was misinformed. She was going by what she had been told and what was on the piece of paper she had and had no authority not to apply the new rules to old rewards. Only after making quite a few phone calls was she able to override it.

12. diane1959

diane1959 Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I had a problem redeeming slot play even though we were staying at Monte Carlo in July. The system did not have me listed as a guest staying at the hotel. The players club guy had to make several phone calls as well to get it straightened out. Glad you were able to use the reward Corrine :)

13. kayden

kayden Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I was there 2 weeks ago at the Monte Carlo MLife desk. One girl was brand new (in training) and was being coached by a male. There was another woman there too. They are probably so over MyVegas people there to redeem rewards.

14. doggiebreath

doggiebreath Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Went to the Monte Carlo Mlife desk on 8-26-2014 to redeem a $50 dining credit. The woman who was helping us first had a hitch, and asked us if we were staying there. Before I could say we were staying at NYNY, a guy stepped in and said, "That's only after (date garbled), remember?" Then he pointed to the screen, apparently showing I had purchased the reward before the change to the new rules (which I would have met anyway). Then the woman noted that we were lucky, saying, "Do you know how many people I have to send away angry?"

I can't say if they recognized the earlier purchase date or noted that the whole issue was moot because I still qualified. If it really is about the purchase date, that whole issue should work itself out within three months -- unless they keep adding conditions.

15. kevstf

kevstf Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Got a question, I got this reward for 62.500LP's before it was changed to the minimum 1 night stay at a MGM property, however I'm staying 6 nights at MGM Grand, and now it's available for 35.000LP's
    Wouldn't it be the best choice to cancel the reward and purchase it again for the 35.000LP's? Thjis would be an instant save of 27.500 LP's?

16. imderekpoe

imderekpoe Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I was going to do that, but decided not to. You don't know when they'll switch to a new batch of rewards and I want to make sure that I'll be able to purchase this reward for the next trip.

17. kevstf

kevstf Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I decided to do it, fuck it, enough rewards left that I want to get for my next visit :thumbsup:

18. da1chifan

da1chifan High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We had problems at Mirage redeeming our FreePlay rewards just a few days ago.... It took 2 days and lots of wasted time trying to get it resolved.

I hope it goes more smoothly in October.

19. jr7110

jr7110 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:

If you haven't already canceled it, you might want to reconsider - only because now you can only get that reward one time EVER per account, unless it is a new batch. If you use the more expensive one now for 62,500 then you still have an opportunity to get the new one again on a future trip, that is if it is still available.
    The rewards are changing and the Monte Carlo $50 credit is one of the best deals that are still offered.

20. imderekpoe

imderekpoe Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Isn't that the way most rewards have always been? Most have always said 1 per player, but have become available for purchase again when a new batch was released.

However, I do agree with your strategy. I'd hold on to what I've got to be sure I can get it again later.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.