1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

September trip - thinking about a report.......

Discussion in 'Misc. Vegas Chat' started by Rubos, Aug 24, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rubos

Rubos Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    In vegas with the GF 16th Sept to 1st October from the UK - staying at the Aria. I have been a few times, first visit for the GF. A few things planned:

Arrive 16th - dump bags, spot of dinner at Julian Serrano

17th - I hope to play day c of the Venetian deep stack event

18th - hopefully day two of Venetian deep stack, otherwise poker for me and a few drinks ( GF wants to do CSI experience) KA in the evening booked (my vegas)

19th - bottle service at Gold bar (my vegas) in the evening

20th - Picasso at Bellagio booked for dinner

21st - lagasse stadium booked (tip from Rocky Balboa) for NFL during the day

Only other thing booked is absinthe but also planning bottle service at Ghost Bar, rat pack show, delmonicco steak house, Phoenix at Madalay Bay and duelling pianos (my vegas) - my games are poker and craps but will play pai gow and UTH. GF plays VP.

Will also spend a couple of nights downtown! Had a great craps roll there last year!

Thinking about a live trip report but having been to vegas I am not sure I can see it through - however - I love reading them so would like to have a go.

Any tips from members warmly welcomed,

Rubos

2. RockyBalboa

RockyBalboa Front Line Winner

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Good luck and have fun!

I have never done a live report either but will attempt during my trip. We will actually be there at the same time. I am there 18th-24th.

I don't play poker but if you want to shoot some dice just let me know and we'll try to meet up.

3. Rubos

Rubos Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That would be great Rocky - will message you nearer the time!

4. Travel Fanatic

Travel Fanatic The Arbiter of Taste Caviar Kid

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That's a long trip and a lot of activities in different locations. Plus, if you play poker like some of my friends, you may be at the tables for 20+ hours at a time. Live TRs can be draining if you're truly committed to it. I wore out mid-trip when I tried to write one last week. I say, focus on having your fun. And if the mood strikes you, post some updates. Trying to do daily (or more) updates takes more time and energy than you might imagine. Just have fun!!!

I Need Spa
  5. RockyBalboa

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sounds great! Talk to you then.

6. aaronw915

aaronw915 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I was thinking about a live report as well when me and a buddy of mine will be there the 22-25. UK I really enjoyed following your report but I was having the same worries about saying piss on it after a day or two especially if the Blackjack tables go cold and I end up getting honked off. Rubos and rocky, if you guys want to sit at. 3:2 Blackjack table let me know. I know the basics of craps but never played live.

7. RockyBalboa

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I will be down for that...although we may have to find another place other than MC as I have read all of their games have been switched over to the dreaded 6:5.

And maybe we can get you to break that never playing live craps thing!

8. aaronw915

aaronw915 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yea I have read that too except hl room which sucks. But I'm definitely up for learning craps live as I find that game fascinating as hell. Next on my list is baccarat

9. RockyBalboa

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I will be starting a trip report the day I leave so just post up in there when you're free and when meeting up is good and we'll make it happen.

I will be using Tapatalk and I read that PMs don't work on the app so that's why I say just use my TR thread

Maybe we can meet at Bellagio or Mirage or something

10. aaronw915

aaronw915 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sounds good.

11. Rubos

Rubos Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think your idea of updates 'as and when' I get chance is a good idea. Will also try and add a few photos. You are correct on the poker - the reason why we are staying so long is to allow me to get some time at the tables and do all the other bits planned.

Really enjoyed your recent TR!

12. dutchvelvet

dutchvelvet VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Pop that live craps cherry! It's fun...and you really can't mess it up too bad long as you're able to say "Passline with Full Odds" and listen to what the dealers tell you to bet.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.