1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

yet another plaza thread

Discussion in 'Downtown Hotels' started by kitson, Aug 22, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kitson

kitson VIP Whale

was going to lead off a trip report with this, but since it is such a hot topic right now, wanted to post my impressions of the plaza.

was in las vegas from sat. aug 15 for 6 nights, coming home on thurs. aug. 21.

with total rewards, had monday thru thursday nights for free-free-11 dollars-free, with no resort fees because of the platinum status with the credit card. in retrospect, should not have gotten so stubborn with the proposed rates for friday and saturday leading off the stay. thought i would get more offers and the rates would go down, but they just kept going up.

had the plaza offer for three free nights, with one of them being a weekend...just needed two weekend nights, so wound up paying 69 plus 12 resort fee and tax one night, the other night comped.

arriving at the check in line, found ourselves about 4 back, two people working, though movement was slow. after helping one customer for quite a long time, and apparently getting that done, a clerk, without looking up at the line, just turned around slowly and shuffled on back to his break room. nice. we finally got checked in, very competently, but not a great start.

room was on 4th floor north tower, elevators right off the lobby, elevators always fast. room looked nice upon first impression, and was clean. mattress firm and seemed pretty new. one bedside lamp had a bulb burnt out, and the in room safe was locked. did not call that in, though i did leave a note when we left. we returned to our room on saturday about 4pm, it had not ben made up...found a doorknow hanger that said maid service wanted...does that mean you have to ask at the plaza now?

the elevated sink in the bathroom area just took up too much of an already small counter space, those towels way down low underneath, separated by a door from the tub/shower area. given the constraints of what the remodelers had to deal with, the only way to describe the makeover, particularly the bathroom area, is putting lipstick on a pig,

later, at harrahs, our curtains and the fan running drowned out both the noise and the lights of the strip and the mirage fountain across the street. the curtains at the plaza did not do an adequate job of blocking the light of main street station! the fixup of the plaza to me, s

2. Former Plaza Host

Former Plaza Host Well-Known Member

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Doesn't look like your post got finished. More please. :)

3. kitson

kitson VIP Whale

having some issues posting and doing replies, i get to type some, then the screen starts scrolling back, i guess it is a hint i have to keep it short. anyway, posted most of this and a little more as a reply to wxr's plaza observations post, as i did not think this even went through last night.

saw a couple hosts around, and saw a couple people in the host office behind the players club, but never saw you to come to say hi. had pretty much decided by the three hours in the afternoon that i just wasn't digging the plaza that much. wish you well.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.