1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

What's Weird About Your Neighbors ? Here's Mine!

Discussion in 'Non-Vegas Chat' started by Joe Strummer, Aug 19, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Joe Strummer

Joe Strummer VIP Whale

My wife + I think our neighbors could be aliens ?
    In the 6 years we've lived next to them ---
    we've only seen 3 bags of groceries go into the house.
    How do they eat ?.......they don't ?
    They have an 8 year old son.....who is growing.....but how ?
    I go to the supermarket every damn weekend --
    Come home and unload my stuff.
    It takes me about 6 trips from car into the house.
    How are we missing them unloading groceries ?
    No deliveries......no groceries.....no doggie bags......EVER !
    How are they eating ?
    And the second thing.....
    We're told "We work from home."
    Okay......I can believe that.
    Nobody goes to a job.
    So what's weird about your neighbors ?

2. VegasGroove

VegasGroove VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Nothing weird at my current residence - I actually love living in a condo building with mostly seniors. Nice and quiet!

But, 2 years ago, before I bought my condo, I lived in an apartment complex. Nice area and for the most part, tolerant tenants. UNTIL this "couple" moved in next door to me. The most ignorant and disrespectful people I have ever lived near. Who installs a HUGE surround sound theater-esque system in an apartment? I could be in my bedroom which was farthest from their living room and I could feel and hear the vibrations when they would watch a movie. This idiot would have this thing full blast. I would ask him to please turn his system down. I would call the police on them constantly. I reported them to the complex office. They would comply and then go right back to full blast. I had lived there for 9 years and this asshat moved in in the last year I was there. I was thankful I only had to deal with them for that short time, but geesh!

3. JosieCat

JosieCat VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Our neighbors aren't weird, they are just a pain in the ass. I'm all for doing favors for people, but their abuse of this is really unbelievable. They seem to consider their neighbors their personal minions, and now that my boyfriend has retired - he is their top minion. He really has to learn to say no to people :).

4. bshowell

bshowell VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I live in an apt style condo. I've seen my next door neighbor once. In seven years. My roommate seems to think she's a hoarder because once the front door was cracked open and she said you couldn't see the floor or the walls because of the piles of...stuff.

5. mdee

mdee VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You could be describing me except for NO KIDS! I've lived in my house over 25 years and I only wave to my neighbors.
    I keep to myself, do not attend social events or HOA meetings and I've talked to the gentleman next door maybe 10 times.
    I eat out, work from home and I don't care what the neighbors think cause I don't need them all up in my Kool-Aid!

6. Hobofrank

Hobofrank Prime Minister of Idiocracy

Trips to Las Vegas:
    a couple months before I met my wife?, I lived in a 3 bd apt in an L shape, in the corner was another apt with a woman in her 60's, turns out she was bipolar PLUS, so she thought the CIA and/or aliens were monitoring her thoughts, so the "bug" was in her closet adjoining our common wall, so she'd beat on the wall with her fists 18-19 hours/day... we had to call the cops, that summer I learned the police terms 5150 and MEU, took 40-50 disturbing the peace calls

7. Breeze147

Breeze147 Button Man

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I lived in a duplex in Philly above a psychiatrist. He held drunken opera parties until all hours. At some point he stopped bathing and stopped bathing his dog as well. Then he stopped walking his dog. The stench was unbelievable. I called him "Doc Stinky". I complained until I was blue in the face, but nothing ever changed. One hot, humid summer day, I got up around 6:00 A.M. for a bike ride before it got too hot. I went down to the basement to get my 10-speed and he was sitting in the doorway to the basement, buck naked, with an almost empty bottle of vodka by his side. One of his "girlfriends" a lady of about 50, showed up one night and rang my bell and started screaming at me and accused me of driving him nuts. Finally, the ceiling in his bathroom caved in from a water leak, which happened to be my bathroom floor. My tub/shower stayed intact, but I couldn't use it for a about a week until his ceiling was repaired. Shortly after this, I came home from work and he was gone. Never saw him again.

8. wizard950

wizard950 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Last year we moved into a 55+ community. Our neighbors are quite nice and mostly widows in their 70s and 80s which we didn't know until we bought the place. There are not many men here and so here I am at 68 soon to be 69 with all these lonely women around flirting and looking for attention. My wife chuckles at it all but I often wonder what she is really thinking......

9. Joe

Joe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    After we bought this house, we stumbled upon the fact that the woman next door is a registered sex offender.

10. thecarve

thecarve Misanthrope

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The lady that lives next door to me is a hoarder too! It's crazy. Any time she has her front door or garage door open, you can see it is just jammed with crap. I saw her getting out of her car the other day and it was the same way - it was like a wall of stuff, I don't know how it didn't fall out when she opened the door.

People are f'ing nuts!

11. Jerseyguy

Jerseyguy MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sounds like a typical Eagles fan,thats why I try to stay on my side of the Delaware. Sounds like he or one of his colleagues had him put away.

12. Chuck2009x

Chuck2009x VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    There's a broad up the street from me, when the leaves first start dropping in the fall, she goes around picking up individual leaves off her lawn.

13. Snidely

Snidely VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    A lot my neighbors are hoarders. We're one of the only houses in the neighborhood that keeps their cares in the garage. My next door neighbors have about 6 kids. One they go out, they leave the house 1 by 1 from the basement in the backyard and assemble in the driveway and wait until everyone is there. It takes about 10 minutes. Their garage is quite empty.

14. Blonde_4_ever

Blonde_4_ever LasVegas4ever.com

Trips to Las Vegas:
    When we bought this property in 89 our neighbours wanted to buy some land from us. We said no because we planned to build on it ourselves someday. (Which we did)
    This seemed to set them off.
    We have a stand of tall evergreens running down the property on OUR side of the property line.
    They took it upon themselves to trim the trees up to about ten feet off the ground on their side.
    They never asked.
    Just did it.
    And threw all the branches over on our side for us to pick up.
    Charming people.
    That was the first of many incidents....

15. dfalk

dfalk VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I don't have a problem with any of mine and they're all pretty friendly. Usually just a "Hey how's it going" in passing which is perfect for me. I don't wanna be friends with my neighbors and have to shoot the shit everytime I see them.

16. Piggylane

Piggylane Well-Known Member

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I live on 31 acres at the end of a road and have one neighbor who lives about 300 feet from me. He has been there for about five years. No clue what is name is, what he does and I barely know what he looks like. I think he is friendly but I'm not sure.

Perhaps the pistol, rifle, shotgun and .50 cal range in my backyard has something to do with this?

17. RockyBalboa

RockyBalboa Front Line Winner

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I live in an apartment complex on the third floor. I chose the third floor for two reasons with the main one it generally being the quietest floor of the three (the other was so I could have my DirecTV because I need Sunday Ticket). About three months ago an older dude moved in below me...hes probably about 45-50 and he has one of those. I was walking up the stairs one day and saw his sound system box sitting outside and thought to myself "ah shit".

Sure enough I can hear it even though I am upstairs. I told him to cool it a bit and he's been pretty good since. He was nice about it so that was an added bonus.

This is a complex located by several big corporations so we have a lot of short term leasers so hopefully he will take a hike soon and someone a but quieter will move in.

18. RockyBalboa

RockyBalboa Front Line Winner

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Spoken like a true Giant/Redskin/Cowboy fan!

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

19. Jerseyguy

Jerseyguy MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Really a Jets fan to be honest ,you know,the elite fan group of the NFL. LOL

20. CCaroleann

CCaroleann Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sad to say but I'm probably the weird neighbor my condo complex. I work from home and sometimes don't leave the house for 5-7 days. I don't care for bright sunlight so I keep my blinds closed pretty much all the time, as I face east. At least I'm not a hoarder. :rolleyes2:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.