1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

A very positive customer service experience!

Discussion in 'Non-Vegas Chat' started by Joe, Aug 18, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Joe

Joe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My 5 burner gas grill got flipped over in a really bad windstorm we had a few weeks back and I've been having trouble with the burners ever since. Via the Char-Broil web site I asked for some suggestions to fix it. They emailed a couple, tried those and it helped a little, but it still was not working correctly. I sent another note asking for help yesterday and this morning i get a call from them. We discuss my issues and end result, he is sending basically all new parts for the inside of the grill, minus the grates, of course, for free!

I purchased the grill in Vegas in 2008, so it's not like it is under warranty.

We all like to bitch about poor customer service, myself included, so I just wanted to acknowledge great customer service from Char-Broil.:thumbsup::thumbsup: Next time I need a grill I will go out of my way to buy one of theirs.

2. NCISfan

NCISfan Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Great to hear of positive customer service. It seems rare these days.

3. hammie

hammie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I just bought a ready to assemble dresser from IKEA, and on the third step of a 24 step assembly process, I realized that one of the side boards of the dresser was off by 1/8" making it impossible to attach the drawer slides as they did not line up properly with the pre-drilled holes. I was on hold for 20 minutes yesterday and after taking some information, I was told that they would ship out a new one via UPS since the store was 50 minutes from home. I am pretty satisfied with the response, and hopefully I will get the new dresser tomorrow.

4. Joe

Joe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You have to return the old one?

5. hammie

hammie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I asked the same question and her reply was that IKEA may not want it back. But if they want 5 lbs. of hardware, 24 drawer slides, and 30 pieces of wood, they can pick it up. If I were to box it back up and ship it UPS collect, it would probably cost them $50 and there's no guarantee it won't get damaged in the process.

Bloomberg listed the founder of IKEA as the 5th wealthiest in the world a couple of years ago.

Last edited: Aug 18, 2014
  6. LVHooked

LVHooked High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    When I bought my house years ago, there was a genie garage door opener in a box on the floor. (Not the box it came in)
    It was used but had the instructions, a couple pieces were missing so I called to buy them. I told the guy my wife had bought it a few years back and I never got around to installing it. But I was willing to pay, he checked and said not to worry, they hadn't made that opener in over five years and he would just send them out no charge. I got them the next day.

I have another garage with a Chamberlin commercial opener on it,(heavy duty 12x12 door) a year and a half old and a gear cracked in half. I called and they wouldn't help me at all, ended up finding the part local so I didn't have to pay shipping,

Over a cheap part and a little shipping, they lost any more of my business.

7. bardolator

bardolator Lifelong Low Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Weber did the same thing for me when numerous parts had worn out after ten years of usage. I opted to buy the grates.

8. bubbakitty

bubbakitty Doing retirement again and happily so....

Trips to Las Vegas:
    So Joe, if I missed it let me know......when the grill is reassembled and ready for a Master's touch......when do we hear about the ribs and your chosen steps for preparation / consuming?.......

9. Joe

Joe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'll be out grilling in January & February, right after I shovel the snow off the deck.:evillaugh Come on up, the weather here isn't that much different than Texas at that time of year.:wink2:

[​IMG]

10. bubbakitty

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The weather may not be that much different but I've seen enough Packer games to know I don't have the wardrobe for the grilling.....more the shorts sandals floppy hat sort of attire when I grill....let's try the 777 variety and see if it is what you are talking about (or the binions / ellis island)...doesn't matter and I can dress more to my liking....

11. jimboguy

jimboguy MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm probably risking starting a never-ending debate by asking this, but isn't using a gas grill heretical? Perhaps the Great Grilling Deity sent the windstorm your way as a sign to suggest the way of the pious charcoal?

12. bubbakitty

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you are going other than propane or other conveyance why not just go oak...or mesquite.....for the full flavor....but I agree....what TF?

13. LV_Bound

LV_Bound VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I would companies would realize how much more profitable they would be simply by having good customer service.
    Something so simple goes a long way.

14. Joe

Joe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    For me it's convenience. Turn the grill on and 10 minutes later I'm ready to cook. I used to have both a Weber Kettle and a smoker, but got rid of them. And, I grill year round, so the less time outside in winter, the better.

15. dutchvelvet

dutchvelvet VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have a gas infrared grill, a smoker, and a weber kettle. They all have different purposes.

If you are grilling burgers, brats, and hot dog for a group of 75, you definitely are happy to have the consistency and size of a gas grill. I actually think that steak tastes better on the gas infrared as well, as you can sear it hotter.

For BBQ I typically use the smoker, and I use the charcoal for tailgates and things like chicken.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.